Pip and psoriatic arthritis

Posted Sun 8 Oct 2023 22.35 by Shonz29

This forum is so helpful! I’m 26 - newly diagnosed in August have psa in all joints except my hips. just gone self employed and I’ve had to cancel my clients some days as I’m too ill to get out of bed! I’m going to apply for pip and see where I get. Thanks for the

Posted Sat 20 Jan 2024 11.23 by Neil90

Hi I've just been denied pip for my psoriatic arthritis and was wondering if I could get any advice for an appeal? The pain itself is bad enough but it's really starting to effect me mentally, I was told on my phone consultation that it would take 6 to 8 weeks for them to make a decision and had my phone consultation last Wednesday and got a letter today say I've not been awarded pip, honestly don't feel like I'm being taken seriously so any help with appealing would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Posted Sat 20 Jan 2024 11.30 by AJ
Hi I’m 60 years young, I’ve had Psoriatic arthritis for 9 years, as you know it change’s your life, after a few drugs that didn’t

Hi Neilgo, same here, exactly what happened to me I got it for three years, and nothing changed for me, the phone consultation was I thought a little intimidating, made me feel as if I was lying, so I appealed got me no where, I was not in the best place so I left it, but I would appeal definitely, hope you get on ok

Posted Wed 28 Feb 2024 19.10 by Marie

Hi I am new I have psoriasis it’s about 90% of my body now, the dr just keeps giving me steroid cream and my skin is like paper, has anyone found a treatment to stop the itching and to try and clam it down I am desperate now

Posted Wed 28 Feb 2024 20.13 by AJ
Hi I’m 60 years young, I’ve had Psoriatic arthritis for 9 years, as you know it change’s your life, after a few drugs that didn’t

Hi Marie, sun is good, and try and get onto a biological drug, it calms everything, and make you feel a lot better, steroid creams do help but only in the short term,

To take part, sign in or register with us