50 years with this blight

Posted Sat 20 Apr 2024 12.18 by 50yrsaspotty

After 50 years I am currently suffering the WORST flare-up ever! Yorkshire Dermo consultants have prescribed Acetricin and half a dozen other remedies..ALL of which have had no or little effect! I arrived in Spain this week and enjoyed 2 x 3 hour beach sessions despite my disgusting appearance. Today I could not believe the flare-up in the mirror!!! I am leaving on Monday..2 weeks early! God please help me!!!

Posted Sun 21 Apr 2024 11.04 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I am sorry that I cannot actually help or advise concerning your current situation. I always found that sunshine and swimming in the sea greatly helped reduce my psoriasis, but I was VERY careful not to get sunburned which I was worried would cause things to become worse and even promote plaques to expand or flare up. Sunburn is a trauma to the skin and trauma seems to be one of the triggers for psoriais flare-ups for many people.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 2024 09.52 by stormin

I’ve also had this connection for about 40 years now, however it’s never been as bad as in the last three weeks!. Rang the doctor about it, which I’ve never done before, he gave me Enstillar which I’d never had before, started it Saturday and what a difference!!, the areas look much calmer and although the surface skin is still coming off, underneath looks less red and angry. All the above in just three days, I understand once I stop the cream the psoriasis will return but by then hopefully the sun will be out and my shorts will on. I do hope the sunshine is helping your condition.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 2024 23.13 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Sorry to hear of your current situation. We are not informed of all potential issues when taking drugs for our disease. Like trial and error a times. Unfortunately acitretin and sun exposure can cause issues i.e. burning, skin cancer and further irritation to your skin. The latter may have been a reaction you had. I suppose it doesn't help after the event but we learn for future. I have also been caught out by over exposure to the sun. Hope things improve for you.

To take part, sign in or register with us