Sea moss gel

Posted Thu 25 Apr 2024 10.11 by pickles

I've had inflamed red plaques all over my stomach and back for over a year following a flare. I've been on an NHS waiting list for phototherapy for that entire time and meanwhile have been using dovobet and enstilar foam on and off, plus CeraVe SA cleanser, urea moisturisers, e45, epiderm cream, dead sea salts etc etc to manage my symptoms, all of which are soothing but have not cleared the plaques. I'm trialling various dietary changes and now keeping a food/symptom diary to see if cutting out gluten/diary and introducing more probiotic foods makes a difference, as well as trialling intermittent fasting. Anyway, to support this diet I started taking sea moss gel, also with no visible effect so far. The gel is safe for use on skin as well as for consumption, and I read that sea moss contains a high percentage of sulphur which is a natural keratolytic (like urea/salicylic acid). So last night I applied it all over my body and left it for 15 mins, before washing off in a warm bath with salts. It descaled like nothing else I've tried !!! I applied dovobet afterwards. This morning my skin is a lot smoother and the plaques are paler (definitely not magically gone fyi). Has anyone else tried sea moss in this way, with good results ? I'm going to repeat later this week so I can update if there is any more progress if anyone is interested.

Posted Tue 30 Apr 2024 13.17 by bargainlovingmum

Hi pickles - many thanks for sharing. How interesting! Do keep us posted and really hope it works great for you

To take part, sign in or register with us