TREATMENTS

Posted Fri 23 Jul 2021 12.40 by HappyWanderer

I have recently read about two treatments for psoriasis and wondered if anyone has experience of them. The first was in the Woman & Home magazine where a lady with crippling psoriasis of the feet tried Medovie 3HX Derma Cream (£49 as part of a guided programme) and within 'a few months' was walking properly again. The other treatment was in a book by Dr Michael Mosley (As seen on TV and in Diet books) who drew attention to a fasting process proposed by Professor Valter Longo of the University of California Longevity Institute. The case mentioned in his book' 'the fast 800' page 43, claimed that fasting for three days can reset your immune system. It seemed that the lady concerned repeated the process a few times and he symptoms disappeared completely. Too good to be true? Has anyone tried either of these? Love to hear form you if you have, whatever the results! David

Posted Fri 23 Jul 2021 12.53 by lizziep

I have tried the fasting and it didn't work for me.- I saw no difference at all.

Posted Fri 23 Jul 2021 20.02 by Moggy1

Hi David Did you read about the Medovie 3 HX dermatologist cream in women and home magazine because this is where I read about it and the lady also has a review on there website basically saying the same and it said she was part of there trail. Have seen very mixed reviews about Medovie but it might work for you but personally I think it a bit expensive with out proven results Hadn’t heard anything about fasting but definitely worth a try

Posted Sat 24 Jul 2021 08.51 by HappyWanderer

Thank you Lizziep and Moggy1 for your replies. I think I will try the fasting - have to pick my moment though as I don't fancy going without food for three days. At least it's free!!! Yes Moggy1, I did see it in Woman and Home. My next door neighbour kindly tore out the page and brought it round. I agree that the Medovie is expensive and will put that on hold for the moment. You only have to look at the number of creams and ointments advertised for psoriasis to realise that no one really knows what is the best treatment, Thanks again

Posted Mon 20 Sep 2021 14.33 by johnpasti

I began with this disease 6 months ago, plaque psoriasis in all my body. 2 moths ago i began to take Artemisia Annua pills, is a plant, now i'm almost fully recovered. Cheers and I hope all of you will heal.

Posted Tue 21 Sep 2021 17.46 by HappyWanderer

Thank you John. I will look them up and give them a try. I will post what happens. I have an appointment with my docon Friday - not face to face - as I think I now have psoriasis in my hair. I think she really does need to see me face to face as it'll be a bit difficult to diagnose on the phone!!

Posted Mon 1 Nov 2021 12.52 by diamondcat

I tried using the Medovie capsules and cream and saw a real difference. It took a while for the effects to show - you do need to be patient - but I was really pleased with the results. I still have some small patches but even they are slowly reducing. I’ve seen a dermatologist and she prescribed Aquadrate and Enstilar. However, the Aquadrate is very heavy and the Enstilar is extremely greasy - you certainly can’t use it if you’re going to put anything nice on!

Posted Fri 12 Nov 2021 08.47 by Jackie68

I have tried fasting a number of times, sometimes to quite an extreme level, and I didn't see any improvement but I firmly believe that there is a strong link between the gut and our condition. To that end, I started taking a bacterial food supplement called Axisbiotix 9 days ago and I have seen significant improvement already. I'm also sleeping a whole lot better as I'm not itching anymore, which is an absolute Godsend to me.

To take part, sign in or register with us