Help me please! Advice needed

Posted Wed 20 Feb 2013 21.30 by Rayanne

im 16 , and after 2 years of wrong diagnosis ive found out i have bad vulvar psoriasis and also have i on my scalp but that doesnt bother me too much. But down there drives me crazy its uncomfortable all the time and when the itch is bad i can end up cutting myself badly there. I have good support from my long term boyfriend but honestly , my age its the worst place to have it . I know that stress can cause flares but im currently doing all science A levels and expected to achieve the best grades and im constantly stressed and no matter whats creams i try the psoriasis just does not budge. I found this site hoping someone with a similar problem or advice on how to make it go , i often have times where i think what if its just this bad forever :( someone please reply

Posted Thu 21 Feb 2013 18.04 by bizabella
Eczema and Psoriasis since birth, on scalp and other areas.

Sorry to hear you're having these problems :( Have you tried asking your doctor for a stronger antihistamine? (I'm sure you know to stop your itching) I had to go to my dermatologist to get the current one I use, but it works well and has sedative effects (because for me the night is my worst scratching time!) (I have a separate one in the day, and I can take that whenever I feel I need) I can't say I have the exact same problems as you (apart from terrible scalp) but I'd try chucking on centimetres of moisturiser inside of plain cotton clothes, especially at night, that can go in the wash afterwards, just the same as you might with your hands or even scalp! Also, have you tried itching relief creams, I'm told that cooling creams are really good and fairly discreet if you want to pop one in your bag every day. Hope you're feeling a bit better soon!

To take part, sign in or register with us