Methotrexate vs acitretin

Posted Fri 17 Feb 2017 5.01pm by Linda

Hello

I've had psoriasis all my life and have been able to control it with creams . I've recently had severe psoriasis on my hands and feet to the point where I can't get shoes on. The doctor has now recommended I take methotrexate but did mention acitretin as an alternative. Having read up on the pros and cons of both I'm interested to hear your views on these tablets. Appreciate everyone is different but any comments and advice would be great. Thanks. Linda x

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
Fax :
01604 251 621
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Registered Charity: 257414 Scotland: SC039886 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.