Newbie looking for advice

Posted Sun 9 Apr 2017 19.40 by Lynne

Hi, My doctor has referred me to a dermatologist as he is quite sure I have Pustular Palm Psoriasis and need it confirmed, I have Dovobet cream to rub in to the affected hand, is there any change to my diet that can help, ie cutting out certain foods and also adding any good foods to help out with this. Any replies greatly appreciated. Lynne

Posted Mon 10 Apr 2017 15.23 by Psoriasaurus Rex
Sick and tired of scratching the surface - want a cure.

Hello Lynne, more vegetables will help a bit but cut out the nightshades. Eat about three veggies to every meat or grain portion. Anything that reduces inflammation such as salmon or blueberries I have found to be very effective. White refined sugar is terrible for the body, so use honey and fruits as their natural sugars are far more healthy. Gluten and Lactose may be problems also, but you have to listen to your own body to determine that. John Pagano and Sarah Ballantyne have both written very helpful books with regards to diet.

Posted Mon 10 Apr 2017 21.17 by Lynne

Thank you for the reply, while I am waiting to see the dermatologist I will start to try some of the above to see if it makes a difference, and will have a look out for the books.

Posted Tue 30 May 2017 13.20 by McJu

Hi Lynne, I have PPP too, hope your gp said to wrap hands & feet in cling film (vinyl gloves) for dovubet for 2 hours daily, can only be on it for max 4 weeks. This knocked mine right back, but then switched to diprosalic & it's worse than ever, awaiting hospital apt, hopefully for uv treatment, but hospital have referred me to another gp. Good luck, let me know what works for you as I've only had this since March! McJu

Posted Tue 30 May 2017 18.22 by Lynne

Hi McJu, Thank you for the reply. The Dovobet stopped working so my GP has put me on Dermovate which has really helped, I did stop using it for a week but I have had to re start again has PPP flared up again, I have to wear a glove at night as it is very greasy, I am not sure how long to use Dermovate for. I am due to see the dermatologist in June and I will let you know how I get on. I hope you get on ok, I have to say I was quite shocked when my GP diagnosed it, but this forum does help and you realise that you are not alone. Lynne

Posted Tue 30 May 2017 18.56 by Psoriasaurus Rex
Sick and tired of scratching the surface - want a cure.

If you're still having problems I would highly recommend sorion cream off Amazon U.K. Has worked wonders for me and has no side effects.

Posted Tue 30 May 2017 20.15 by Lynne

Thank you, I will look into the sorion cream.

Posted Wed 31 May 2017 12.48 by Julie 44

Newly diagnosed today ..put up with it for two year. Just gone for help today as it's taking over my life ... got it on legs lower back belly button wrist hands n a few other areas .... it ch drives me insane😥😥

Posted Fri 2 Jun 2017 14.18 by DodgeWC51

One very silly sounding, cheap and highly effective treatment to stop itching and improve skin. Get a bag of porridge oats, cheap as you like it dosen't matter. Put a couple of handfuls in a cloth , tie up then dunk into hot water. You'll get a milky liquid coming through the cloth, You can either leave it in the bath or rub it over yourself. Exactly what you pay a fortune for in Exotic Herbal Organic defoliants.

Posted Sat 3 Jun 2017 19.53 by Badger

Hi been on the same creams for over a year now .nothing work dovovet etc just would gluten cause psoriasis as can not eat a lot of wheat etc

Posted Wed 7 Jun 2017 23.52 by Janw

I've had severe ppp since last November to the extent I could not walk for nearly 4 months I've had all the steroid creams which none worked then to light treatment which helped a little to now being put on acetrtin for the last 6 weeks. Which as made a little difference, but saying that the side effects are out weighing the good I'm on this till end of July when I next see consultant. So if anyone knows a miracle cure I'm listening.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 2017 19.59 by Torin10 (edited Mon 12 Jun 2017 20.00 by Torin10)

Hi everyone! I'm new to the association and thought I should share my psoriasis story. I'm a 20 year old male who has suffered with only dry skin up until 6 months ago when I realised I had guttate psoriasis. It started as a few spots on my arms but gradually got worse due to stress from work and the loss of my grandmother. It quickly spread across my arms and after waiting for a dermatologist appointment now covers my chest down to stomach, big patches on legs and bum as well as my back. My dermatologist now has me on methotrexate while I moisturise daily and also use Epsom bath salts every other day. My psoriasis appears to be fading now which I'm so happy to see! I cover up all the time as it's very embarrassing, I really want to try PUVA as I hear it is very effective. I understand the negative side of the treatment however I'd rather try to be clear of psoriasis. If anyone has any great ways to help relieve or even treat psoriasis please let me know! Thank you!

Posted Sat 11 Aug 2018 16.22 by Originalbeany

I had the same issue i was 99% covered from a flare up and was admitted into hospital back in april this year as the psoriasis dehydrated my body and it went into shock turns out i had ethrodermic psoriasis , ask for 50/50 parafin not the nicest of stuff but will definitely help calm it down another thing i've learnt is this weird thing with blueberries been eating 20 a day and my skin is clearing and thats from eating them everyday but definitely drinks loads of water through out the day dont end up like me and having the life threatening condition i did. I have learnt my lesson from not looking after my self

Posted Sat 11 Aug 2018 16.27 by Originalbeany

And janw i know how you feel acitretin was the first tablet i was prescribed the side effects were disgusting lost a lot of hair, horrible stomach pains couldn't have proper bowl movements lost 2 stone within almost 2 weeks had to be taken off them and was put on cyclosporin only good side of this tablet is unusual hair growth.

To take part, sign in or register with us