Psoriasis or fungal infection

Posted Mon 8 May 2017 14.49 by Kath00

Can a fungal infection be mistaken for psoriasis or vice versa I went to my GP with p in my head and left hand. I also had soar red patches under my arms breasts and groin GP said this was a fungal infection and not psoriasis. I have been back 3 times none of the creams and lotions working on any area He has treated head and hand for p and other areas for fungal infection

Posted Tue 9 May 2017 15.52 by biggsjo

My Psoriasis in the groin area sounds like you describe, my doctor gives me Trimavate which helps Psoriasis but also has an anti fungal element. It does not clear it away completely but stops it from becoming very red and sore.

Posted Tue 9 May 2017 17.33 by Kath00

She gave me daktacort for fungal infection She has at last referred me to dermatologist.

Posted Sun 21 May 2017 16.06 by thin-skinned (edited Sun 21 May 2017 16.07 by thin-skinned)
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I agree with that Trimovate cream for red + sore groins as I have been treated with this product and it does help to some degree, BUT there is a supply issue with some pharmaceutical wholesalers running out. My last script for two 30gm tubes only 2wks ago had me ringing every chemist in our area and in the end I had to travel into the next county and took their last two tubes from an independent pharmacy. http://www.communitypharmacy.scot.nhs.uk/documents/nhs_boards/forth_valley/Newsletters/SupplyIssuesBulletinJanFeb15.pdf I think a fairly major problem with red + sore groins is the hair that grows down there and for a male of my age groin hair is an extra aggrevant. This is particular annoying as it cannot be removed without causing even more problems :(

Posted Wed 28 Jun 2017 07.08 by Rich

Timodene is great for FI

To take part, sign in or register with us