Please help with hair!

Posted Thu 17 Aug 2017 21.31 by Dolly555

Hey guys. New to the forum but I have psoriasis in my head that bleeds and pusses. I can normally brush my hair and it's kinda okay to do this, only the odd bit of hurting. Recently the blood/puss has matted my hair together in to knots & cots that are really deep and stick to my head. I've tried just about everything, the doctor told me to wash it and brush it but obviously I did this before going there too. It's really getting me down which makes my psoriasis worse. Has this happened to anyone? Please help - I just want my hair to feel nice :(

Posted Sat 19 Aug 2017 12.26 by Joxx

Have you tried sorion shampoo? From amazon? My scalp psoriasis put holes in my head and I lost a lot of my hair, I tried everything olive oil, loads of gels and creams, the only thing that made a difference was that shampoo, it's not cheap and I know everyone reacts differently to treatment but at this stage everything's worth a try x

Posted Sat 19 Aug 2017 12.34 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

My doc prescribed Capasal Shampoo several years ago for scalp P and after a few months of daily use it gradually started to clear up. Now I use it daily (1/2 the amount) to make sure the P stays off my scalp. I still have P on other parts that are treated differently but the Capasal keeps my scalp completely clear :thumbup: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/skin-and-hair/a6366/capasal-therapeutic-shampoo/

Posted Sat 19 Aug 2017 15.06 by Dolly555

Thanks guys! I'll look in to both of them :) x

To take part, sign in or register with us