Looking for people who want to share their story

Posted Thu 24 Aug 2017 10.47 by Lidija

Hello, I thought that there is no cure because I was told so. But I started to feel better, when different good things in my life came together. There was suddenly some hope and I want to share this with you. I've been affected by psoriasis since 2004. I've come along way with doctors, treatments and changes in life and all the suffering, hopelessness, anger, fear, shame and guilt that comes with it. Today I am doing my Master in Visual Anthropology at Goldsmiths University in London and I decided to do my final film about psoriasis. Although I don't know if this project could trigger it so that it comes back again. But I also decided to not be afraid anymore. I want to make this film in order to heal and share some hope. I am looking for people who want to share their story. We can get in touch and I can send/tell you mine. Let's talk. Lidija / 075 922 16449 / lidijaburcak@gmail.com PS: I might have met some of you at the Annual Conference Day in Northamptonshire in May!

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 20.42 by Amydal

Hi lidija I would really like to share my story in currently really suffering and it's making me very depressed. I've had it for years but never to this extent it has spread all over is very painful and looks awful! This has massively knocked my confidence and I feel hopeless!! Amy

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 22.15 by Lidija

Dear Amy I am very sorry to hear that you are suffering. It reminds me of my situation... If you could write me a text message on 075 922 16449 then I could call you tomorrow (whenever you want) or an email on lidijaburcak@gmail.com. Thank you very much for your courage..to speak up. Talk to you soon. Lidija

Posted Fri 1 Sep 2017 11.16 by amidabuda

Hello Lidijia, I would like to share my story with you, especially because you have been made believe that there is no cure. I use to have psoriasis for years when I was little and the nightmare of it still haunts me. My parents took me to all doctors that where out there at the time (about 30 years ago) with no result. They told me it was untreatable, and the kind I had was so aggressive that it will eventually affect my bones, organs and ... well, no bright future for me. My mom, in her despair, although she didn't believe in alternative medicine, took me to a herbalist, and he put me on a severe diet for months, plus ointments and special drinks, and in about half a year it was all gone. I have to watch what I eat, but I never had it ever since. I hope I could be of some help or at least give hope to others. Thank you for reading this.

Posted Fri 1 Sep 2017 14.22 by Lidija

Hello ! Thank you so much for sharing this ! I would like to know how you take care of it. Most of us know: what helps you, won't help someone else - but hope helps everyone! It would be lovely to talk to you on the phone. My number is 075 922 16449. Or just send me a text message and I'll call you back. Again: thank you so much! Best, Lidija

To take part, sign in or register with us