Guttate psoriasis

Posted Sun 9 Jun 2013 07.59 by LouLou88
I have had Guttate Psoriasis since i was about 12 years old I had UVB treatment and have been clear for about 10-12 years, its not come bac

Does anybody else suffer with Guttate psoriasis, i would say 75% of my body is covered in it. It feels i've had sun burn for 3 weeks. I did have this once before about 10 years ago but i do not remember it ever burning or being quite so itchy. Does anybody else find that it burns. Am waiting on a hospital refferal to come through, and it cant come quite enough creams are not working!!!

Posted Tue 18 Jun 2013 15.18 by jzmc1 (edited Sat 19 Mar 2016 00.30 by lucyluz1)
yes

hi LouLou88 i can empathise with you about Guttate Psoriasis. I am 59 and a bit and have never had any form of Psoriasis before, nor has anyone else in my family that i know off. Had a Staph infection recently (May 13) and then started with a couple of little spots and then wham. It like i have won 1st prize at the Psoriasis competition. My torso is really badly covered, arms and legs now getting infected too. Have also got scalp P, and inverse Psoriaris under the breasts and my tummy line. So itchy but am really reluctant to use Devobet due to the steroid in it. Doctor kept giving my high antibiotics as he though i still had Staph infection so that wasted 3 weeks. Have got an appointment with Dermatologist at local hospital next week so hope i can get some help asap as the itching is driving me nuts. I have been to a Chinese Herbalist and have had acupuncture and am taking herbal stuff which does calm down the itching. Trouble is i am going on holiday soon and as much as I know sunshine will do this a lot of good I am not sure how to cope with uncovering such an unsightly mess on my skin. I know this sounds vain but this is new to me. If anyone else has had or has Guttate P i for one would welcome your views and thoughts.

1 Posted Wed 7 Aug 2013 16.36 by charleychick (edited Sat 1 Nov 2014 16.36 by camelblue)
to the point where i want to crawl out of my own skin!!!!!

psoriasis sucks and im beginning to believe its never gonna go no matter what i do it refuses to take a hike!!!! feeling for u all chin up :)

Posted Mon 21 Oct 2013 15.21 by brown1994 (edited Wed 18 Feb 2015 16.37 by alanaboggan_xo)

I have been a mild sufferer of plaque and scalp psoriasis since the age of 6/7. Over the last 11 years later I have been able to manage my psoriasis very well and it never seemed to be much hassle. But this changed recently when I came down with a throat infection which sadly led to me developing guttate p. I'm now in my sixth week of it. Both my parents have experienced guttate and said it should be gone in 6-8 weeks, however I'm beginning to doubt this now as I'm barely seeing much improvement. Has anyone had experience with guttate and have any tips to help its healing? (The doctor only gave me an emollient cream to help with dryness)

Posted Mon 4 Nov 2013 16.16 by teenzy (edited Wed 18 Feb 2015 16.39 by Suzzie )
Feeling low and not wanting to wear shorts or skirts in summer

I have had plaque psoriasis for a number of years just on my knees and elbows which hasn't usually caused me any distress. A few weeks ago I had tonsillitis and have now ended up with Guttate psoriasis severely all over my body. I have been prescribed dovebat and I have the coal tar bath lotion and given E45. I have seen that it can take weeks or months for this type of psoriasis to clear up and it can potentially come back if I have sore throats. This is making me feel very low as it looks unsightly and irritates me very much. I was wondering if anybody has suffered with this and what they found effective - thanks

Posted Tue 11 Feb 2014 19.15 by ssiva10 (edited Mon 21 Jul 2014 13.10 by amateurdidact)
I had the condition severely throughout my childhood, it was socially traumatising for me as a child

I have had guttate psoriasis since I was 6 until i was 19/20. It is a pretty traumatising experience i had during school. But after starting an intense gym and diet program my psoriasis has disappeared to from about covering 60-80% of my body to 5-10%. I personally believe, healthy eating, and not just regular but intense excercise can help alleviate psoriasis. Ultimately, the underlying reason i found was, when i was at the gym, etc, i was away from all of life's stresses and social stigma, which helped ease my mind off the disease and eventually resulted in my conditiong getting completely better.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 2014 17.36 by goku52
I have Plaque Psoriasis which has turned into Erythrodermic Psoriasis

I used to have plaque psoriasis for years didnt cause me much pain or problems and last September it just went down really well, I was really happy then It started to come back and I was like oh boy here we go again I went to the doctors and she was like you have Guttate psoriasis and a very dry skin ( not very helpful) well since feb i was put into hospital as I haveErythrodermic Psoriasis which I'm still trying to get rid of or get it controlled. Also I was told never use E45 cream

1 Posted Fri 30 May 2014 15.28 by mumsey46 (edited Mon 21 Jul 2014 13.10 by xoxjojoxox)
I have had psoriasis since I was 18 now I am 67 had a few years free.I would like to free myself of Psoriasis around my ankles as my daughte

I had a Guttate P a few years ago all around my middle area and I had 2 lots of steroid pills which cleared it up and not had it since. Not sure if it was just luck or the pills.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 2014 16.07 by Andrew1
I was diagnosed with the condition in 2007.

I have had guttate psoriasis for 7 years, have been given tablets by the hospital. Dovobet cream will calm it down for a few days, although it does make the skin shed, but it does stop you scratching - you can get it through your doctor. Take it now and then - you musnt use it all the time - but if you cover yourself in it - thin layer only - it will take the edge of the condition - !!!!!!

Posted Sat 13 Sep 2014 21.46 by KimberleyP
Beginning to weigh me down :-( Guttate psoriasis sufferer. First ever time last year wasn't so bad. Patches everywhere but small spots etc

Beginning to weigh me down :-( Guttate psoriasis sufferer. First ever time last year wasn't so bad. Patches everywhere but small spots etc and cleared within a few months. This time it's covered 90% of my body in large areas and small spots. Only my face and feet not suffering. My scalp is horrendous too. I was told again it would go in a few months like last time, with 5/6 maybe 7 different creams and 3 courses of antibiotics it's still here 10 months on. My children ask why mummy has chicken pox all the time. We have a holiday abroad in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it :-( My doctor has referred me weeks ago... I live in cornwall, things never happen quickly :-( So any advice to magically cure or even reduce but 10% would be amazing. Finding it hard to keep up my "I don't care what people think" facade. Because I do. And i care what I think. And I think enough is enough :-( I suffer with throat infections etc when my glands swell up badly. Just a few weeks back it appeared my spots were clearing slightly, under my bust cleared up 100%. Then I got an abscess on my wisdom tooth 2 weeks ago and it has flared up and started joining together more so. My back is no longer spotty it's just one big sore. And it seems my left side suffers more so. Anyone else notice this? Xx

Posted Mon 15 Sep 2014 12.12 by Emma
I've had psoriasis since I was 15yrs after a reaction to penicillin.

I am a new comer to this. I have had psoriasis since I was 15 (I'm now in my 30's) but have very rarely spoken about it. It started initially after an adverse reaction to penicillin, it has never gone since. I have plaque psoriasis on my elbows and knees, severe scalp psoriasis which also causes my hair to fall out and guttate psoriasis just about everywhere else. Having had it for so long I have come to accept it as part of me and keep a strict routine where I can. I have 5 children, including 10mnth old twins so finding time for routine can be hard but it is essential. So advice.......try and keep to a healthy diet and stay hydrated, the smallest things can make a huge difference. Try to avoid soap in the bath as it dries it and can make the itching worse....I have to bathe daily and I find the soaking relieves the burning itchy sensation. Try not to shave until it's essential and you feel like a bear! Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. Use roll on deodorant instead of sprays. Constant friction can cause psoriasis or make it worseI knows skinny jeans are in fashion but when you get the chance try an alternative, a maxi dress works well for me. Prepare for sheets, clothing and nightwear to get ruined.....it might not make you the most fashionable but wear something you don't mind getting ruined, I tend to put treatments on at night because of this. Make time for yourself to put a treatment routine in place.....it takes soooo long to apply everything. I try to alternate my treatments, for example one week I'll use dovabet, the next diprosalic and then a few days break and then start all over again. Try to treat yourself so life doesn't feel so regimented. Be patient, it can takes weeks before you see any improvement, sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. I really could go on but I'm sure the ones that have read this far are probably falling asleep! So my last piece of advice is to try and stay positive......it's difficult sometimes especially when people can be so rude but you must remember the problem is their ignorance. Try to take hold of psoriasis don't let it take hold of you, your still you

Posted Fri 19 Sep 2014 01.38 by Vaanan
Whole body..high inflammation going to be 6 years.

Hi LouLou 88, I understand how it feel to be in that situation because currently i am a psoriasis patient. Its all ready been 5 years i was fighting for this chronic skin disease. Am sure you have did your studies and search on psoriasis. So i don't want to waste your time educating you on "What is psoriasis" What am going to tell you is what i am doing now and i can see a good result out of it.. Here it goes - First of all stop taking internal and external high dosage drugs. Because when you take this high dosage topical creams and pill, they will only surpress the psoriasis and let it be there for certain period of time but it won't totally remove them and on certain period it will come back and you need to suffer more than before. Now, pls do the followings :- 1) Please find a good homeapathy or siddha doctor. 2) Don't use any other topical creams. Use Dr.JRK's 777 Oil 3) Use Psorolin bath soap 4) Use Psorolin ointment 5) Avoid saltish food, hot and spicey, only be vegetarian 6) No smoking and alcohols. 7) Try to take supplement Transfer Factor 4Life Advance formula pills, this will repair and boost your immune system. Within 10 months you will out of psoriasis and the symptoms will gone. You can leave a happy life. Am on going treatment and i feel so much relief and i can see big changes. Am under homeapathy treatment + Transfer factor and using pure coconut oil to smooth the skin and using Psorolin bath soap. Try it you will feel good and relief.. If u feel burning and feel pain at the edge of effected areas, u may try using Univate 25mg cream use it in very little quantity just to put off the pain and burning sensation. Hope the above helps you.. Tc wish we get well soon :-) cheers Vaanan - Malaysia

Posted Sat 20 Sep 2014 17.02 by mannevr
my wife was affected by psorasis

Hi Mr. Vannan Thanks for your inputs on the treatement of P .I am from India wants to Know the availability of the Dr JRK'S 777 Oil Psoroline bath soap & Ointment,and supplement Transfer Factor 4Life Advance formula pills,in India or any distributor in Visakhapatnam,A.P,India. Regrds

Posted Tue 18 Nov 2014 18.05 by jennynmo
Plaque psoriasis all life and 2 bouts of guttate

I have been suffering with guttate for the second year in a row and it has finally cleared. However ive been left with dark patches all over where the guttate was. Anyone else had this or know how I can get rid of it? Thanks. X

Posted Sun 25 Jan 2015 11.31 by charlotteduggan
bad

PLEASE HELP ME i am 22 years old .. i am or was a beautifll girl a model. a year ago i got tonisliits and then i got this gullit and the doctors for weeks didn't know what was wrong i was givein different tablets steroid creams wich have now damaged my sking and the inside of my legs are disgusting i used to fake tan all the time now i cant stand to look at my pale disgusting skin.. iv just started uv light but after all the reading iv done is it just going to come back its gone and come back 100 times a year later iv still got it is it going to go ? and will i be normall again and able to fake tan? im at the edge of killing myself i cant cope anymore iv lost boyfriends friends everything i just hide away i have started uv light i have to go on a train 2ce a week wich i cant afford and is stressfukk for me because i have anxiety and depression i just cant take it anymore iv fighted for to long now i want to go to hospital and not come out until im better

Posted Wed 18 Feb 2015 16.47 by Psoriasis Association (Admin)Mod - from Northampton, UK
Patient Advocacy and Communications Manager at the Psoriasis Association

Hi Charlotte, My name is Dominic and I work for the Psoriasis Association. Firstly, please don't despair. There is a wide range of treatment options available to help manage psoriasis and although you may not have found anything to help ease it so far, this doesn't mean that you won't in the future. We advise that you get in touch with our helpline either by calling 08456 760 076 or by emailing us at mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk. One of our helpline advisors will be able to listen and offer information and support regarding psoriasis to help you. Finally, please have a good look around both the forum and the website. There is plenty of information available and reading about other people's experiences with psoriasis may be useful to you and help show that there are others who understand and can offer support. Best wishes, Dominic Psoriasis Association

Posted Sun 5 Apr 2015 00.54 by MartinJS
No confidence, especially with women. Feeling like I'm being stared at and overlooked. Tried a few treatments with limited success, none of

Guttate is the type I've been diagnosed with too. It's currently worst on my arms, upper body and back, but also the folds of my legs and my armpits, plus my left ear, genitals and hair. Diprosalic is good for removing the scales but it leaves patches of red skin - Dovobet helps with this but it takes longer. I'm really struggling to control it,. it's affecting my sleep and shattering my confidence - right now there's a girl I really want a relationship with but I just don't have the confidence to make the move - plus the skin on my genitals is bad enough that a physical relationship would be painful, and that seems like a harder area to treat. I'm sick of shysters promising expensive 'miracle cures' with no medical basis, I just wish a genuine breakthrough could be made. I hate what I see in the mirror, and it feels like others do too.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 2015 03.37 by emily.barling@gmail.com
I currently have Guttate Psoriasis. Psoriasis also runs in my family, but I have never really struggled with it except for this.

I have had it three times and am just getting over it for the third time. Every time I have had it it has spawned from strep throat. It always covers pretty much my entire body except for my face. I have found that the best thing for getting rid of it is sun or phototherapy (uvb rays) and possibly the ocean too, but the salt really stings at the beginning. I have Psoriasis in my family, but have really never suffered from it except for this. My father usually has plaque psoriasis on his elbows and knees which I als get a little bit of during the GP. One of my sisters has also had GP once. This time around I got strep, but did not realize it until I started to see the rash coming up. I rushed to the doctor to get on a course of antibiotics, but that did nothing for the rash, it just came full force. I started doing two days of light therapy a week, the dermatologist recommended three, but I couldn't fit the third in. The doctor recommended trying to get out into the sun for an extra dose once a week on top of the light therapy - he recommended being in the sun in the brightest hour for just long enough to avoid a burn, he said 20 minutes on each side for me. The parts of my body that are exposed to the sun most are always where the rash leaves first. I got the rash seven and a half weeks ago. You can see slight pigmentation loss still on my upper arms, chest, neck and trunk, and my legs have a lot of pigmentation loss, but are definitely getting better. I would post photos here so people could see the progression, but I don't see an option to do that. Anyway, good luck to all of you with this!

Posted Thu 26 Nov 2015 17.14 by jobug
I have recurring guttate psoriasis and havvi-ng a particularly bad outbreak with multiple fare-ups at the moment

Hi there I had guttate psoriasis about 12 years ago and have been suffering multiple flare-ups this year. It first appeared in May after suffering sore throats etc. at the beginning of the year. It seemed to go away, the summer helped then i had a massive flare up as this first one ended, covering about 75% of my body. This time it was really uncomfrtable and itchy. I had light treatment for two months which ended about 3 weeks ago and completely cleared it up. I was overjoyed! But a week ago i noticed spots on my stomach and it's all just coming right back. I was dischaged so am back on the list for light treatment but that won't be until the new year. They have suggested i could start on the immune suppressing drug Cyclosporine but it sounds a bit scary. It's so uncomortable, my torso is burning and particularly insulting is how sore and covered my boobs are! I just can't bare watching it spread again. I have had a stressful year and have two young kids but in general i'm a healthy, happy person. It is effecting my mood though and my concentration at work. The consultant is meant to phone me back, 3 days later i've not heard anything and it's continuing to spread. I'm thinking of getting my own UVB lamp (which doesn't compare to the booth but might halt the spread for now?) So, i'd appreciate any advice on a.) the lamp b.) the drug and c.) anything to stop the itching and burning feeling. Many thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 2 Dec 2015 16.29 by Ngreen
I have had Guttate & Plaque Psoriasis for decades

I have had Guttate Psoriasis since I was 3 or 4 (it came after I had the chicken pox). However, it went unnoticed for many years and did not realize until I was in my 20's that it was Guttate Psoriasis. When I was 6, I developed Plaque psoriasis on my leg. Many Drs. did not know what it was at the time and it was treated for ringworm. However, because it was not a fungus, it never came under control. I was eventually told not to come back to school until it cleared up and was home-schooled for awhile. During this time it traveled to my other leg and I had 2 large plaques. I eventually transferred to another school and always wore pants, no matter what. When I was 15, I had a severe strep throat infection and after that my psoriasis exploded onto my arms, legs, back, scalp, eyebrows, ears, everywhere including inverse. Ironically, my plaque psoriasis has gone away, but the guttate psoriasis is everywhere. Because it covers almost all of my body, most people do not even realize the difference of my "normal skin" and my psoriasis skin. Since I have had psoriasis for close to 30 years I have learned to deal with it, notice the triggers, and for the most part do not feel embarrassed or self conscious anymore. In terms of treatments, I have found that during a flare up, it can burn unbearably! I have learned that if I do not put lotion on right after a shower, do not attempt to put lotion on during the day as it can welt up and burn. I like to mix baby lotion with a couple of drops of baby oil and that soothes the skin very well. Also, baths, scrub treatments (especially dead sea scrubs that have extra oil/paraffin) are wonderful with lotion applied directly afterwards. I recently have become a large fan of the DeadSea salt scrub and matching Body Butter. You can usually find them at mall kiosks where they usually like to harass people at the mall, but their product has been wonderful.

To take part, sign in or register with us