Newly diagnosed - please tell me your experiences of methotrexate?

Posted Mon 11 Sep 2017 21.21 by RibenaGirlie

Hi all I'm newly diagnosed with PsA after a long history of joint problems, in particular, neck, wrists, fingers, ankles and toes. I'm 33 with 2 children. A rheumatologist diagnosed me and started me on high dose steroids to try and reduce inflammation across the joints and would like to start methotrexate following this. He gave me lots of patient info leaflets and will see me again once steroids completed. As a nurse I have an idea of side effects of this drug but am wanting, if possible, to hear your experiences! I want to get this condition under control but concerned about the side effects of methotrexate and how it will effect my family life and my work as a nurse. Any advice and experiences truley appreciated. Thanks

Posted Sun 17 Sep 2017 07.12 by Michelleeee

I've recently be proscribed cyclosporine for my psoriasis I'm a bit worried about the side effects as I'm only 24 and not had children yet. I've had psoriasis for over 19 years and it definitely takes its toll. I've always used sun beds and creams but in the winter nothing works so the doctor has asked me to try cyclosporine until Christmas. Is this a good idea to take and has anyone experienced side effects?

Posted Tue 19 Sep 2017 21.48 by 2trees
ten years diagnosed , 2knee replacements now on simponi and MTX and loving life

I have no experience with cyclosporine . I have been on methotrexate for 10 years. It has cleared my psoriasis completely. The first four months were hardest I had a lot of nausea. I switched to injectable and have had little or no problems . It helped with my extreme joint pain.

To take part, sign in or register with us