Teaching with Psoriasis

Posted Wed 25 Sep 2013 08.25 by altacoustic
I have had psoriasis since the age of 7. As a child it was the cause of a lot of bullying. Especially as I was on steroids, and gained weigh

Hi everyone I am a teacher at a challenging but very lovable school. My psoriasis is hard to hide as it is on my hands, forearms and ears as well as elsewhere. Does anyone have any tips for helping deal with comments from students. I have always tried to answer negative comments by teaching the students about psoriasis, as I know they come from ignorance and fear. However, attrition from negativity over a long time is causing me to have panic attacks about going to work. Any suggestions for how to roll Edith the punches a little better?

Posted Fri 21 Aug 2015 23.10 by J7d
Plaque psoriasis 30 yrs

Hi, I know just how you feel. I was a teacher until a few weeks ago (retired now) and know how merciless kids can be in their ignorance. My symptoms always got worse with the stress of the new school year. My advice is try the John Pagano diet - Healing Psoriasis, a Natural Alternative. I have been following the dietary part of the regime for 14 months now and am almost clear of patches after suffering from the disease for 30 years. It has changed my life and given me so much more confidence. I feel so much more relaxed about the disease as it has taken the fear away with most of the patches. Hope if you try it it works for you too.

To take part, sign in or register with us