knee locked

Posted Tue 17 Apr 2018 22.21 by Avesty

Hi everyone, I have had psoriasis for around 3 years. Just lately I have been getting a pain in my left knee in the morning that causes my knee to lock. The pain is horrible, and I cannot move it when it happens, It has only ever happened in the morning and always in he same knee. I was wondering if anyone else gets this and whether it may be a symptom of arthritis, and if so does anyone have any advice on what to do when it happens. I'm really struggling to get a GP appointment so any thoughts/ advice would be incredibly helpful!

Posted Thu 19 Apr 2018 11.00 by Gaming Empty Nester

Sorry to hear that, can you not request an urgent appointment? If not try to see a physio for an assesment? If you have a consultant looking after your psoriasis maybe they could help too?

Posted Thu 19 Apr 2018 14.28 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Static position looking at a computer in a bad position gave me a similar problem

Posted Wed 9 May 2018 15.18 by Chrissie NW

Hi same thing happened to me last August, left knee on the inside, the pain was horrendous and I couldnt move I went to the Doc who referred me for an Xray, it came back and I saw a Rheumatology Consultant who told be a need a new knee, but in the meantime he gave me manipulation and injected me with steriods which last four months approx, I have now been told by a new Consultant,m that I dont need a new knee as I have Psoriatic Arthritis, they advice you exercise it ( I have a exerise bike) but Im not willing to take the systemic drugs methoexrate etc so he said Ive gone 9 months which is excellent and I have started with a bit of pain and I can now have a steriod injection again, so Im sticking to that and when the Biologic Injections become available at the end of this year I will then go on them, no sickness and nasty things happening within your body, so I will persevere. I have had Psoriasis for 51yrs and I will not take cancer drugs this is my decision and I will wait. Good Luck, but regretfully you do have to fight your corner with medic.

Posted Mon 14 May 2018 00.06 by Avesty

thank you so much for the replies. Luckily I'm seeing my derm in a few days so I will let him know and see if he can refer me. Tried to get in with my GP a while back but is always a nightmare! I'm a little worried if it is arthritis as I'm only 24, but if it is I will remain positive and at least I will be able to be certain. I think I've thought about it so much that I've already kind of come to terms with the idea.

Posted Sun 12 Aug 2018 02.16 by Claire

Hello avesty. I am now 33 but was diagnosed at 23 and I find myself very isolated as j don't know anyone my age. I currently have a locked shoulder which I can't move. It feels broken and I don't know what to do. This is however, the very first pain and symptom I got all those years ago and I went to a and e. They took bloods and then quite quickly was referred to a rheumatologist. Try this if you don't get anywhere with a gp. Arthritis pain I have found can be a swelling aswell as a joint or muscle pain.

To take part, sign in or register with us