23 years

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 00.05 by Sarah c

I would like to share my experience of psoriasis with you all. It all started off overnight , my grandmother passed away, we nursed her at home and this was a very stressful time in my teens. That might I went to bed and over night woke with a big patch on my arm. I have sen many different consultants over my 23 years of living with it and have used every lotion / potion you can think of. Over the years my psoriasis has gotten worse. I have it on the following areas of my body.. Scalp Ears Eyelids Arms Hands Back Bum crack Legs Under boobs Under tummy Toe nails Feet And arthritic ankles. I am taking part in a research project called the badbire project. I have been on methotrexate, cyclosporine, otezla and am now starting on biologics. All the drugs have worked well for me but after 6 months it’s as if my body has got used to them and it comes back worse than before. Psoriasis has affected every aspect of my life. I work as s nurse and have had some cruel comments, patients have refused my care and called me the scabby nurse. I can no longer hold my children’s hands as it’s too painful. People in the stress whisper about me and have said some very unkind things. The point to all of this is , never give up, be you, put on that short skirt, it doesn’t offend me but clearly does others. People who it offends are not worth your time, smile be polite and show them who the bigger person is. Happy picking guys!

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 12.50 by Aurora
I have had a patch of psoriasis on top of my foot for over 10 years.I used to think it was athlete's foot.Now I seem to have developed psori

Hi Sarah c , I feel very sorry for you but at the same time I admire you for your courageous positive attitude.I agree,be yourself,keep being you,be authentic. I've found -with my scabby palms so obvious to cashiers etc -that what's very useful is just telling ignorant people calmly , not defensively what my ailment is called and that it's totally non-contagious.People can act stupid out of sheer ignorance. I wish you a good outcome from your research project ! Have you tried experimenting with your diet?I'm sure that you have but turning vegan I know has helped some people.There's a lot of vegan advice out there these days.Best wishes to you.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2018 21.22 by Kiff

Hello, I cant imagine how hard it is. But I know how cruel people can be about it. My 13 yr old daughter was diagnosed a 5 yrs of age (13 now) and the kids were never nice to her about it. However, we found relief in a CBD lotion. Have you ever tried it?

To take part, sign in or register with us