Be Careful In The Sun.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 2018 20.58 by Sarah

Hi All, Just wanted to share my experience with having psoriasis and being in the sun.Ive just come back from holiday and the sun has made my skin worse.Also having heat rash too hasn’t helped! So if anyone is going on holiday to somewhere hot and humid,make sure you drink lots of water,plenty of moisturiser to wash with and apply on the skin,antihistamines and if you have itchy skin Calmine Lotion really helps! Also I wore cotton trousers to cover my legs as I couldn’t get them out in the sun. Hope my tips help.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 2018 21.18 by Margaret W

Hi Sarah, I had a few days in Spain recently and the same thing happened to me. I asked my consultant before I went and she advised me to let the sun get to my skin. I had no phoriasis on my legs before I went but the sun brought it out. Take care everyone!

Posted Sun 15 Jul 2018 13.22 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Sarah: remember (if you are the same Sarah) that in your previous post you mentioned using factor 50 sunblock - that could cause irritation, not only the sun. Once we have damaged skin, we need to be careful what products we apply.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 2018 16.52 by Sarah

Hi,Yes that probably didn’t help but I think my skin is so delicate now anything irritates it,so I’m not going to bother with sitting in the sun and just sit in the shade. Sorry to hear your skin flare up too,how rubbish is it! I still had a lovely holiday though,I won’t let it beat me. Thanks!

To take part, sign in or register with us