Humira- what to expect?

Posted Mon 23 Jul 2018 11.20 by mnf441

Hi guys, newbie. I was wondering whether someone here, whom has been / currently been prescribed Humira can share their experience of what the protocols are for this drug? I've been diagnosed with P since teenage years and recently diagnosed with P.A. I've tried most things, ointments (horrendously sticky), Entilar (withdrawals cause really bad flares), MTX (only effective at choking my kidneys and gave me depression) and Cyclosporine (even worse for my kidneys). Aside from years of being flogged away with topical ointments from my G.P, I got the feeling from the very start that my consultant was gunning for Humira / other biologicals for me and my nonchalant attitude towards more meds for a disease I've suffered for circa 25 years was met with a look of dismay. She had 'ran' me through MTX and Cyclosporine for the minimum periods before prescribing me with Humira (which the lead nurse next door, also with P.A was not so happy with, because she has and is still on MTX for years)! So, more curious than anything else, as she kept stipulating the huge costs for the drug and of the many good results from it's use, I am now in a situation where she has said to expect a call from Abbvie (the drugs company?) within the next month... Unfortunately, my work may require me to fly at short notice and the not knowing when is causing me stress. Though I've only been on Cyclosporine for a few weeks, I also believe my body is suffering from withdrawal (anxiety, blotchy skin etc)... Your insight would be most helpful. Thanks K

To take part, sign in or register with us