Otezela / Apremilast

Posted Tue 7 Aug 2018 11.23 by leejacks

Hello anyone taking this at the moment or in the past. Am only on day 4 and already the side effects are not pleasant. The diarrhea seems to be getting gradually worse but copable. The thing I am struggling with is the nausea which seems to hit an hour or two after i take the pill, and consequently have no appetite and struggle to concentrate on anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 8 Aug 2018 10.21 by Dmort

Hi leejacks I started on Otezla just over a week ago. Not too bad with nausea etc but I’m finding that I’m really dizzy/lightheaded and lethargic. None of these listed as side effects though so not sure why. No effect on appetite or anything for me.

Posted Wed 8 Aug 2018 17.18 by alexajr01

I have been on Otezla for about 4 weeks. It makes me have really bad vertigo. If I have alcohol at all the day before then I get nausea for about 2 hours after my AM dose. I take my PM dose RIGHT BEFORE I go to sleep so that I don't feel the side effects at night and that seems to work for me. I will say, my skin is clearing up. If I miss even 1 dose though, it flares back up SO SO quickly. But I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Posted Wed 8 Aug 2018 17.20 by alexajr01

Also - I have loss of appeitite too. I am down 6 pounds as a result, and I am pretty small to begin with so I am not a fan of that side effect

Posted Wed 8 Aug 2018 18.35 by John Large
My name is John, i have had Psoriasis for 30 years,my first patch appeared on the day my Father passed away and has been with me ever since.

I have been on OTEZLA for nearly 12 weeks, I've had the diarrhoea and the nausea, and problems sleeping.To be honest my skin doesn't really seem to have improved much, and where it has it comes back with a vengeance. Still it early days, see what my doctor say's soon. But I think he will take me off it, So after five different lots of Biologics injections and this, it'll be on to yet something else!.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 2018 19.59 by WorkingMumOf3

Hi Leejacks, How are you getting on with Otezla? After unsuccessful attempts at Methotrexate (suffered hair loss) and Sulphasalazine (no effect on PSa despite taking it for 6 months) my rheumatologist has suggested Otezla. I’m new to the forum and looking for feedback before giving it a go. Thanks.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 2018 08.24 by leejacks

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Had to stop taking them on day 6. Sickness, diarrhea and nausea were too bad. I lost 5lbs in weight and only weigh about 10 and half stone, so the dermatologist advised to at least pause my treatment. It is pretty much my last resort for treatment so will have another go on the treatment soon.

To take part, sign in or register with us