How long does Dovobet take to work

Posted Thu 6 Sep 2018 22.34 by Kimmy

Hi, I’ve been using Dovobet ointment for 3 weeks now, it’s is slowly clearing up at the nape of my neck but I have 2 large patches on my buttocks which doesn’t seem to be clearing up at all. I’m wandering if I need another ointment??

Posted Fri 7 Sep 2018 11.12 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I would recommend to go back to your Doctor. Often they recommend a review of treatment after 4 weeks with Dovobet or other topical treatments anyway. I have found that Dovobet usually starts to lessen the scales and reduce the redness within the first 48-72 hours. If you are seeing no improvement after 3 weeks, you might need a different treatment or a different form of the Dovobet. If you are sitting in an office all day, that might (in my imagination) have an effect on the condition of your buttocks compared with other parts of your body - just because the skin there is under pressure if you are sitting during the day and not exposed to as much air?

Posted Fri 7 Sep 2018 11.19 by Kimmy

Thank you very much for your reply. I am now booked in to see my GP today. My job is in a school kitchen so on my feet 6 hours a day xx

To take part, sign in or register with us