Anyone got experience with Exorex?

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 09.07 by Burk3

Hey, Just been prescribed Exorex for a severe outbreak of psoriasis - really hoping Exorex works but cannot tell if it’s making it better or worse so far. How long does it typically take to show improvment and the reviews seem amazing, why have I never heard of it though if it’s so good?? Anybody’s experience with this lotion would be great!!

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 11.22 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Thu 31 Jan 2019 10.04 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Burk3: if you type Exorex into the search window at the top of the page you will find several discussuion threads from this site about exorex. I have used it (the green bottle which is the licensed treatment) and it helped. It was not a miracle cure, but I do not believe the reviews of comments that claim that any cream, lotion etc is a miracle cure, eg " after the first 24 hours all my flakey plaques were gone and after 7 days my skin is completely clear".

Posted Wed 30 Jan 2019 08.47 by Carnival queen

I see your post is a few months old so i’m wondering whether you continued with Exorex and whether it worked. My psoriasis was all over and severe when I started using it. I noticed a small improvement within a week which continued as time went on. Within about 6 weeks it was completely gone. I have to say I used it religiously 3 times a day but once it cleared cut down to twice a day for a while and now just apply each morning. I think if I stop it will come back. I occasionally get tiny patches but the Exorex deals with them. Hope you have been equally successful.

Posted Wed 30 Jan 2019 19.07 by Jeaney

I have used exorex and it is always my first choice when I have a flare up. I apply exorex, leave for few minutes to dry a bit then apply moisturiser on top, either cetreban or aveno.

Posted Thu 31 Jan 2019 10.06 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Exorex worked well for me (the green bottle). The blue bottle is merely a very mild shampoo/shower gel and has no directly beneficial action to TREAT psoriasis, although it is unlikely to make it worse.

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 16.55 by Brummiebob

I have been using Exorex for about a month now, twice a day. I have tried just about everything topical over the years, except biologics, and none of it worked. My doctor suggested trying Exorex, more of as a break from Dovobet which i had been using for a long time. My main areas where it is really bad are my backside,which is about 70% covered and my elbows and knees, i also have small patches on my face . After a month the results are varied, some patches, on the outside of my thighs have almost completely disappeared, these patches were about an inch and a half across and very red and scaly. Other patches however dont seem to have improved very much. I will keep using it as the fact that it has gotten rid of even a few of my patches is a bigger improvement than anything else i have used. I am a bit concerned about using it on my face as i dont know if it would be safe, if anyone has any thoughts on that id be grateful

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 19.32 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 13 Feb 2019 08.22 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Brummiebob: my first suggestion would be to ask your doctor. My Doctor has a facility by which I can call the practice in the morning and pass a short message to the receptionist. The receptionists display it on his screen and he will call me back at some point later in the day. It saves him losing a complete appointment just to answer a simple question such as this. My own feeling is that Exorex would not harm your face,, but of course I am not a doctor or a dermatologist. BUT be vigilant for any feeling of irritation, as with any topical treatment applied to sensitive skin. I have just looked up the Patient leaflet online ( https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9022.pdf ) . It states (amongst other guidance): " -do not use on acne or broken skin. -do not use on the genital or rectal areas. - Be careful when applying the lotion around the eyes and other sensitive areas of the body such as the mouth. If any lotion accidentally enters the eyes, rinse with water immediately. " The Electronic Medicines Compendium site (eMC) is also a good source of guidance (https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/9022/smpc ), and it includes: " Apply with caution to the face. Hydrogenated polyoxyl castor oil may cause skin reactions. Methyl and propyl hydroxybenzoates may cause allergic reactions that might be delayed." So it sounds to me as if it is generally OK for the face.

To take part, sign in or register with us