How my psoriasis started

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 15.51 by Suzfly

I just wanted to say - so others can compare with their experience - that I am absolutely certain my psoriasis was triggered by a huge life-changing shock that I had about 7 years ago. Since then it has improved slightly in certain areas (tops of feet and hands, most noticeably), but it stays stubbornly on my inside wrists. I think a big shock triggers a change to the immune system (T cells?) and this is what can start psoriasis or excema. One health professional at an alternative remedies fair said I needed more joy in my life. More serotonin! (-: I'm working on that.

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 17.31 by Margaret W

I totally agree - I have had phoriasis since February, particularly bad on my scalp. I have been through life changing events in the last three years and am quite sure my phoriasis is caused by stress. I do manage to control phoriasis on my body but the scalp is a different matter. I have tried every lotion and potion from the doctors and sometimes I think it is clearing and then “bang” it flares again. I have lost at least 50%of my hair but there are signs of new tufts growing so I am keeping everything crossed it will grow back. Such a horrid complaint.

Posted Sun 16 Sep 2018 09.44 by Suzfly

Sorry to hear that, Margaret. I hope you find a solution soon. Maybe in cases like ours, stress-trigured - we should try meditation? (-: I might do that . . .

Posted Sun 16 Sep 2018 22.28 by Krusty

Yes, I agree, my P started when I was aged 11, the summer before I began secondary school, my brother died. I’m 47 now and I’ve had Psoriasis ever since, to varying degrees on severity, but my scalp and hairline is the worst affected. I feel it’s ruined my life, it’s taken away my confidence and changed who I am as a person.

To take part, sign in or register with us