Constantly changing symptoms of PSA

Posted Tue 25 Dec 2018 18.42 by Paul macbay
Hi. I'm Paul and I have had guttate & plaque psoriasis from the age of 4 and recently PSA which first started in my teens but was missed.

Hi and merry Christmas. I've had psoriasis and now it appears PSA, for many years but the PSA went undiagnosed until last year when symptoms increased dramatically after an operation I had. So far a combined treatment of methotrexate and Leflunomide has not stopped flare ups or improved bad morning stiffness and sharp pains in various joints but mainly the tendon attachments. I am hoping to be moved onto the biologic treatments in the new year. Until recently it was down one side of my body (right hand, ankle and foot right hip and shoulder) it's now starting to show in my left hand fingers Has anyone experienced this and could it mean it's getting worse? Also has anyone experienced an improvement with the switch from Dmards to biologic treatments? Thanks for reading. Paul

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2019 19.28 by Dmort

Hi Paul I have just stopped with apremilast, was on for 6 months, and before that methotrexate,unfortunately they didn’t work for me, so It’s definitely different outcomes for different people. Good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us