tumeric drink that tasts good

Posted Sun 3 Feb 2019 20.04 by evekash

I have had psoriasis for years now. It's not horrible but ugly. I've tried all the doctor prescribed creams and nothing really works. It seems to come and go on a whim... although I sometimes think its in response to what I eat. This year while on a health kick I decided to start taking turmeric. Now the powders don't seem to be well controlled and I'm not really a believer in popping pills... vitamin or otherwise, so I found this drink they make in India called golden milk. Its an inch of turmeric sliced and an inch of ginger sliced, a cinnamon stick and a handful of peppercorns. Put it all in a pot with half milk and half water and bring to boil. Then turn down heat and simmer for 15 min. strain and add honey. It's tasty. I substitute unsweetened vanilla almond milk as I don't like milk and have tried coconut milk, and have also just make a tea without milk. The result, As long as I drink it my psoriasis goes away... I didn't have it for 2 weeks (I got lazy) and it came back with a vengeance. I didn't change any of my dietary habits. I'm back on it again for the last week and voila it's disappearing. I then did research to see what controlled studies have been done on turmeric and there have been several controlled double-blind studies with amazing success. I gave the ingredients to a friend that also suffers from a skin disorder and she also said her skin disorder is going away. Anyway... its worth a try... but I would recommend using the real thing instead of powder. At least this way you know what your getting.. Oh... one more thing... though I tried the tea (water alone) it seems to work faster with the unsweetened almond milk. When I looked at the ingredients it has a tremendous amount of calcium in it along with other vitamins. Was thinking maybe it helps absorption... anyone know?

Posted Mon 4 Feb 2019 08.15 by Dane

Nice, I'm trying blueberries and also Manuka Honey and also the active ingredient in Tumeric by way of capsules, Ive forgotten what its called now. It is working for me, Ive been doing it for 1 week now and can see a big improvement. Best thing is I love blueberries and honey so win win.

To take part, sign in or register with us