Hand psoriasis

Posted Thu 17 Jul 2014 11.44 by Ferdygal
Have palmar/plantar psoriasis

Hi - newbie here. I had nail psoriasis while pregnant which cleared up after giving birth, but I now have psoriasis on my hands. It's not that bad, really, except for where it is - it means that everything I touch hurts. Even stirring a pan hurts, as the skin stings when near a source of heat. Would like to hear about any experiences people have with hand/palmar psoriasis, including treatments that worked for you, and any little lifehacks you could pass on, gleaned from your own trial-and-error management. Thank you!

Posted Wed 23 Jul 2014 09.59 by saintsfan

Sorry to hear you're having hand problems. Have found old fashioned salt helps. Putting salt in a warm bath (remembering to rinse it off afterwards!) followed by usual emollient seems to keep help psoriasis calmer. Dead Sea salt is great but expensive. My local health food store sells salt by the 5kg which is usual. Alternatively, perhaps just a salty hand soak for 15/20 minutes might help. If any of the hand patches look a bit more like pustules than scaly lesions might be worth keeping an eye on and checking out with the dr.

Posted Mon 9 May 2016 12.27 by Tgdn
On my hands and feet first time 3 months ago(age 48).

For hand and feet palmoplantar pustular psoriasis after trying everything doctors prescribed or I read about online from other people experiences I came upon this balm Bria Organics Balm for excema,dermatitis and psoriasis,all natural ingredients and it worked very good for psoriasis and steroid withdrawal(I've stoped all of them) for me.worth giving it a try.can get only online from their site-Bria organics.hope u r better contact me if u need more info

To take part, sign in or register with us