Healing Psoriasis Naturally - A Full Guide

1 Posted Sat 30 Mar 2019 01.55 by Hunter3000 (edited Thu 22 Aug 2019 16.08 by Hunter3000)

Hello guys. My name is Bjorn. I've spent the last few months finding out all I can about this disease after a sudden outbreak of guttate psoriasis, and I'd like to share all that I've learned with you. It is a lengthy post but I tried not to mince words and I hope it will help all of you. I've compiled resources from all the people I've learned from. Including: PHwarrior (Matt Ludwig started me down the rabbithole) Nicholas Lamborghini Dr. Pagano Dr. Axe Dr. Sebi Dr. Gundry Dr. Mercola Rob Stuart TrevorM from Inspire Edgar Cayce Maria from Happy Holistic Life Jon Maddison Rob Stuart And many others. A special thanks to all the people on all these wonderful forums for pointing me in the right direction, I couldn't have done it without you. I have also read numerous other studies. Many of which I will link at the bottom of the post. They've talked about a number of things, from pescetarianism, to veganism, to paleo, to keto, to just about every diet under the sun. What I've done is studied these different diets and carefully chosen the ones I've found based on honest reviews to be the most effective. I've taken all the steps I can to find out whether the reviews were legitimate, based on concrete evidence, and above all, not snake oil. When trying to find an effective treatment it is imperative that you determine whether they have anything to gain from it. I've found forums are the best source as they are not websites trying to collect ad revenue, nor trying to sell you a product, nor trying to help their image. There are advertisers who find their way onto these sites but a quick search of their post history will help to determine what they say is true or not. Regardless, it is always a good idea to do research on what will help. The cause of psoriasis: I suspect many will already know what I'm going to say but the truth remains, it's the gut [6] [7]. Studies have shown that an overgrowth of the yeast Candida albicans, among other things, can lead to intestinal permeability, which forms microscopic holes in your guts, causing what's known as Leaky Gut. The Candida can quickly become pathogenic in an acidic gut environment, which causes them to quite literally change forms and create rhizoids (root-like materials) which penetrate the gut's walls, which leads to a breach [8]. When this happens the Candida, among bacteria, their DNA, and waste products, which are toxic, flood the blood stream and trigger a severe reaction from the immune system [9]. This in turn causes T cells to be released en masse, triggering an inflammatory response, due to the cytokines (particularly IL-17) and chemokines being released [1]. This is a major factor in the itch. The problem with conventional methods are they only treat the symptoms of the underlying disease, and do not fix the issue. All of the clinical treatments available are immunosuppressants, which prevent the immune system from functioning properly. This in turn causes the problem to worsen dramatically when the effects of the drug wear off, due to the body building up a resistance to it. Furthermore, the immunosuppressive effect is why people with Humira and other similar drugs have an increased risk of getting sick and dying from simple infections [2] [5]. Now, as to what will heal you. One thing you have to understand that nearly all of these diet/herbal remedies have one major thing in common: They reduce inflammation. All the posts you've read about bone broth, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, turmeric, ginger, oregano, black cumin seed, Omega-3s, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, blueberries, cannabidiol (CBD), kojoba, tamanu, milk thistle, dandelion root, tea tree oil, emu oil, wheatgrass, barley grass, alfalfa grass, and so on ALL have these effects. You can do research on each and every one and find the same results. Not only that, but nearly all of them also have one or more antibacterial and antifungal applications. They're all filled with antioxidants. Another factor is nearly all of them are alkaline or alkaline-forming, which hurts Candida, as it THRIVES in acidic environments [4]. Alkalinity: I'd like to preface this by refuting the false claims that people make about pH being regulated strictly throughout the body. This is an erroneous claim that while many doctors would like to pretend is true, has no roots in science. It is true that blood pH is strictly regulated, otherwise we would die. What is NOT true is that it remains the same in our gut. Our gut has to process many acidic foods; when coupled with an extremely acidic and unhealthy diet (standard American diet) the gut has a tendency to become too acidic, which in turn feeds the overgrowth of Candida [3]. Couple that with a diet high in sugars and processed foods, you have a perfect environment to feed the yeast beyond the realm of control. In the face of this it is incredibly important that we maintain a healthy ratio of alkaline to acidic forming foods. As Dr. Pagano said, a good ratio is 80% alkaline 20% acidic. Increasing gut alkalinity is an important step to killing of Candida and restoring natural gut balance. And now, we will finally get into what you should and shouldn't consume, and what supplements you should take to go along with this. I recommend you get a blender/and or a juicer to make life easier for yourself. Now without further ado: What foods to eat (in this order): Vegetables: - Spinach - Celery - Carrots - Bok Choy - Kale (should cook) - Avocado - Onion - Garlic - Fennel - Cucumber - Romaine lettuce - Lettuce (no Iceberg) - Broccoli (must cook) - Cabbage Fruits: - Lemon/lime - Green apples - Wild blueberries - Blackberries - Prunes - Banana - Grapes - Papaya Note: No dried fruits. All MUST be seeded. Meats: - Chicken - Turkey Note: Limit turkey intake. Fish: - Salmon - Mackerel - Sardines - Haddock Nuts/Seeds: - Hempseed - Brazil nuts - Almond nuts Note: Almonds in moderation Oils: - Coconut oil - Olive oil - Avocado oil Spices/Seasonings: - Oregano - Turmeric - Ginger - Basil - Thyme - Celery seeds - Rosemary - Onion powder - Garlic powder - Cloves - Black pepper - Sage - Apple Cider Vinegar - Himilayan Salt/Celtic Salt/Sea Salt Note: Get fresh whenever possible. Tea: - Slippery elm bark tea - American yellow saffron tea - Green tea - Oolong Tea Remember, you are what you eat. What to avoid: Nightshades: - Tomatoes - Tomatillos - Eggplant - Potatoes - Goji berries - Peppers - Paprika General Vegetables: - Sweet potatoes - Squash - Soy and soy products Fruits: - All citrus except for Lemon and Lime - Cranberries - Strawberries - Cherries Meats: - All red meats Fish: - All fish not on the list Dairy: - Limit dairy to organic, grass-fed, non-pregnant harvested or none at all Sugar: - Avoid all sugar and sugar products Grains: - All grains Legumes: - Beans - Peas Nuts: - Avoid all nuts except listed Other: - Table Salt Those that are on neither list should be approached with caution. Vegetables: Most vegetables you eat have anti-inflammatory properties. The best are also antifungal and antibacterial. They specifically target the bad bacteria while leaving the good bacteria unharmed. When consuming a large amount of kale and bok choy it is important that you supplement with iodine otherwise you could develop hypothyroidism due to the goitrogenic nature of the vegetables. Vegetables should make up the vast majority of your diet during the healing process. Fruits: A common misconception is that you cannot have fruit because it contains fructose, a sugar. This is false because fructose has been shown to inhibit the growth of Candida albicans [19]. Unfortunately, fructose can alter the proteins in your gut, which leads to permeability [20]. I have generally found fruit is fine if you properly limit it; vegetables should make up most of your diet. Avoid high sugar variants and always eat fresh, seeded fruit. The seeds are high in insoluble fiber which feeds probiotics and helps the gut tremendously. If no progress is seen after a month, eliminate all fruits except lemon/lime and green apples. Remember, everything in moderation. Chicken and fish: Limit fish and chicken intake to 2-4 oz. a day while eating lots of vegetables to maintain the alkalinity ratio since meat is acidic [21]. Fish has raw Omega-3s which are fantastic for reducing inflammation. Fish should be preferred over chicken due to it's increased health benefits. Fish should always be wild caught. Salmon should be wild caught in the Pacific Ocean, do not buy Atlantic or farmed Salmon. Chicken should always be organic. Dairy: Dairy should be generally avoided due to it's acidic effect on the gut. There are also a number of problems with dairy mainly due to the way cows are treated (artificial insemination, constant pregnancy), which causes the milk to be 20x more estrogenic, which upon human consumption disrupts the delicate balance of endocrine function, which is in turn bad for the gut [22]. Cows are also commonly fed antibiotics to make them grow faster and lactate more [29]. Furthermore many of the cows used for milking are commonly fed GMO foods, which contain the herbicide Roundup. Roundup contains glyphosate, which is single-handedly the most damaging substance in food for your gut. Glyphosate is a herbicide that kills off good bacteria but scarcely harms pathogenic bacteria [24]. If you still need convincing look up cow feed lots. An exception is if you can get organic, grass-fed, non-pregnant milk, dairy should be fine. If you notice flareups stop immediately. Remember that your body needs to maintain a balance to function properly, and every dysfunction in the body affects health which affects your gut. Sugar: ALL forms of processed sugar MUST be avoided. They feed the Candida [18]. Grains: Dr. Gundry has correctly found that lectins have a major role in psoriasis [10]. Lectins are extremely inflammatory (more than sugar) and are found principally in modern forms of wheat. They are known as antinutrients and are extremely detrimental to your health, not just related to psoriasis, but with links many different autoimmune disorders and even mental illness, including Schizophrenia [11]. Not surprisingly many of these illnesses are co-morbid with Leaky Gut Syndrome. However, he lists many more foods as having too many lectins, a lot of which I've found have no/little effect on the pathogenesis of psoriasis. You can find more info with a quick google search on Dr. Gundry. Wheats and grains are to be avoided wherever possible. Legumes: Beans have to be avoided in all varieties because of their various antinutrient properties in possessing phytates and lectics, which makes them act very similar to the body as grains would. They also contain phytic acid which impairs the absorption of minerals such as iron, zinc, calcium, among others [54] [55]. Peas should also be avoided as they are high in starches. It's best to cross legumes off your list. Nightshades: These plants get a bad rap. They have many benefits for the body, but, unfortunately, in people with Leaky Gut, they have been shown to increase intestinal permeability [12]. They have glycoalkaloids which increase inflammation, and specifically in the case of potatoes, include solanine which also increases intestinal permeability [12]. This is due in part because they contain starches, which readily feed the Candida [13]. They are also generally inflammatory. Nightshades in all forms MUST be avoided during this diet. That's right, no more spaghetti. Red meats: Red meat has uric acid, which is pro-inflammatory [15] [16] [17]. Uric acid is also found in higher amounts in the blood of those with psoriasis [14]. Furthermore, uric acid can be harmful to your kidneys, which hurts your body's digestive abilities, worsening psoriasis [17]. It is also harder to digest which allows it time to ferment in the gut. For the remainder of the diet, all red meats should be avoided, including lamb. Supplements: Supplements are one of the most important ways to treat psoriasis naturally. I am of the belief that while diet alone can keep you clear, supplements will be necessary to fully restore your gut. Each of these supplements and herbal remedies I have carefully researched for both benefits and testimonials from people who say it's helped them. I've tested all of them on myself to see which has helped me the most too. Supplements to take (in this order): - L-Glutamine L-Glutamine is the amino acid responsible for maintaining and repairing the gut walls [32]. It regulates tight junction proteins, stops inflammation at it's source, and protects cells against apoptosis (death) [31] [32]. I've read many stories of how this alone cleared up the skin entirely, and it's no wonder, it heals your gut! This is far and away the most important product you can take. Make sure to buy it in the powdered form. I recommend taking 10 grams a day 3 times a day at the very least. - Slippery Elm Bark Slippery Elm Bark is a demulcent which protects the mucous lining in the gut by adding a protective film [33]. It is also anti-inflammatory. This is a great supplement for speeding up the recovery process and stopping bacteria from entering the blood stream. Add at least half a teaspoon to your diet a day. - Probiotics Probiotics are an emerging area of study so you won't find much evidence about their application. Common sense should say that good bacteria in our gut will be good for us, so let's get on with the uses: Probiotics will lead the fight against the Candida overgrowth and help restore your gut to it's natural state. An important part of taking probiotics is taking prebiotics, which are essentially foods that help the good bacteria grow. You want to get lots of soluble fiber, such as from avocados and broccoli. Take the recommended amount of your specific brand. Make sure the product you buy is targeted specifically for psoriasis. - Vitamin D Vitamin D, specifically Vitamin D3 is crucial to maintaining the health of your skin [39]. Deficiency has been found to be common in people with psoriasis [39]. Vitamin D's best source of supplementation would be from the sun. If you don't have access to the sun it's best to take supplements, but make sure you take Vitamin K2 or a healthy fat source with it as it increases absorption [40]. This is likely the reason Dead Sea visits are so effective, notwithstanding the gut healing effects of Dead Sea mud. Get at least 15,000IUs a day. - Black Cumin Seed (Blackseed) Blackseed is renowned in the Middle-East as being a cure for all illnesses, even said by Muhammad himself! This one acts as one of the world's most powerful anti-inflammatories, anti-fungals, anti-bacterials, antivirals, and antiparasitics among it's other extensive list of health benefits [34] [35]. Although I won't get into detail, some of them include healing asthma, epilepsy, and others [34] [35]. "NS was also found to be able to relieve the symptoms of or cure patients with several diseases, such as hypertension, dyslipidemia, metabolic syndrome, diabetes [5, 20, 21], asthma [3], convulsion [22–24], and natural and chemical toxicities [25, 26]." This also increases the health and function of the kidneys and liver, both of which need to be cleansed to heal fully. I recommend getting it in both seed and oil form. If possible, get the seeds from Egypt. Take at least 2 grams a day. - Oregano Oil Oregano oil is a natural antibiotic safe for home use. It is known for killing pathogens [36], it's powerful antioxidant properties, it's anti-inflammatory properties, and in treating fungal infections [37]. The most important factor is that it specifically targets yeast, killing off the Candida at it's source [37]. I've heard quite a few testimonials about it's efficacy in treating psoriasis, and it's no wonder with all the benefits it has. This can be used in conjunction with blackseed. Make sure if you get it in it's pure version to mix it with another oil or it may burn your tongue. Take a teaspoon orally a day and apply it topically if desired. - American Yellow Saffron American Yellow Saffron functions as a powerful antioxidant [41]. It is also known for inhibiting tumor growth and accelerating healing [41]. Take a heaping teaspoon and mix it into two cups of boiling water a day. Allow it to steep for 15 minutes. - Chlorophyll Chlorophyll helps to build hemoglobin and purify the blood, which will reduce the bacteria and it's DNA in the bloodstream [38]. It's also known to help as a deodorant, prevents wound infection, has minor anti-inflammatory properties, and has anti-aging properties [38]. Take a tablespoon with your water a day. - Zeolite Zeolite is a natural mineral volcanic rock that is known for it's ability to act as a chelator and bind with heavy metals to remove them from the body [43]. This is very important as an unexplored reality is that psoriatics are far more likely to have heavy metals such as Cadmium and Mercury in their bodies than non-psoriatics [42].This was also found to correlate with the degree of psoriasis in the patients [42]. It is also useful for allergies, acts as an antioxidant, helps liver function (which has been shown to be effected by heavy metals), and balances pH in the body [43]. Make sure to get this supplement not only in powder form, but the highest quality available. Take one tablespoon a day. - Lemon Juice Lemon juice helps to cleanse and detoxify the liver [44] [45]. It has also been said to alkalize the gut by Dr. Pagano among others, though no concrete proof has been shown. Dr. Pagano helped thousands of psoriatics for over 40 years, so I have to trust his judgment on this. Add it to your morning drink on an empty stomach. 10 pronged attack: Gut healing: L-Glutamine Gut strengthening: Slippery Elm bark Microbiome healing: Probiotics Skin healing: Vitamin D Anti-inflammatory: Blackseed Candida cleansing: Oregano oil Antioxidant: American Yellow Saffron Blood purifying: Chlorophyll Heavy metal purifying: Zeolite Gut alkalizing and liver detoxification: Lemon juice Unlike most guides I've read which focus on a singular issue, this guide focuses on healing all the ailments that lead to psoriasis. Most of these supplements have one or more of these properties but this is their principle use. The list is quite large and expensive, but no worse than what you'd find at the doctors office. Remember, kill Candida, heal your gut, heal your skin. Other supplements that are not crucial, but highly useful are as follows and in this order: - Bone broth - Tamanu oil - Turmeric - Ginger - Coconut oil - Cannabis oil - Vitamin B12 - All Vitamins - Magnesium - Jojiba oil - Milk Thistle - Dandelion These will help greatly but they are not 100% essential, especially if you are on a limited budget. As with everything, get organic supplements if you can. Why wont doctors tell you this? To put in perspective, if you happened to run a multibillion dollar pharmaceutical company that funds colleges that trains doctors to think the way you want them to think, would you be keen to take, say... A billion dollars in profit? Or would you rather guide people to natural remedies and earn only hundreds of thousands in comparison? Now you could be an outlier who truly would do the second, but when faced with a BILLION dollars things start to change. Just think of what you'd do for a million, let alone a billion. Now instead of you being you, you are now a soulless corporation that has the explicit purpose of making money. You're a public company and you have to please stockholders. Are you going to risk your company to help people? Or are you going to go with the method that makes you the most money? The answer is obvious if you think about it. That is a large part of why new drugs are developed not as cures but merely in aid of treating the symptoms, so they can keep making money off of you. Now I'm not trying to denounce the entire industry, but you have to remember that there is potential for a lot of bad eggs, and when you're faced with billions in profit the morality gets a lot more subjective. Cleaning out the gut: If you want to see much quicker results and a better outcome, you should start investigating enemas and colonics. An enema will help you to get rid of the pathogens in your lower intestine, as well as de-root the Candida. Organic coffee is recommended for this as it will agitate the gut to produce bile, in which case it will stimulate expulsion of both the bile and toxins in it's path, which will help you tremendously [30]. Do not use decaf. You can get an enema kit at a drugstore or online. An alternative to coffee enemas is a probiotic enema, which will reintroduce good bacteria without it having to battle through your stomach acid. Remember to add lube, preferably coconut oil to the tip. Colonics will reach much deeper into the colon, and clean more thoroughly. These have to be administered by health professionals. Organic: ALWAYS eat organic food whenever possible. There are a number of foods, including corn, papaya, soybeans, canola, and zucchini which have their genes altered to be resistant to the herbicide Roundup® [28]. Roundup, a Monsanto product has been shown to have NUMEROUS detrimental effects on the body, one being the overt destruction of gut flora and microbiome, decreasing the diversity in gut bacteria and from what I've found in many cases directly leading to autoimmune disorders such as psoriasis [23] [24] [25] [26]. "Glyphosate, patented as an antimicrobial (Monsanto Technology LLC, 2010), has been shown to disrupt gut bacteria in animals, preferentially killing beneficial forms and causing an overgrowth of pathogens." Avoid GMO food and products like the plague. Your life quite literally depends on it. Other methods: Stress reduction, meditation, yoga are all effective to helping heal psoriasis. Multiple studies show that stress can affect the health of the gut [46] and lead to candida overgrowth through the release of cortisol, which over time can weaken the immune system [47] [48]. I'd recommend, if you can, to take a vacation for a week or two to a warm, sunny place, preferably the Dead Sea which has many healing properties [49] [50] [51], with the first study providing "bona fide" evidence that it can heal skin conditions greatly [49] [50]. Regardless of where you go, sunlight and relaxation is your best friend. Exercise is also important as it reduces inflammatory cytokines [52]. The endorphins will also help your immune system and make you feel better, reducing stress [53]. To conclude this post: It is EXTREMELY important that you share this with all your friends and family that have psoriasis to let them know that there IS hope and perhaps even a CURE for psoriasis, and you CAN do something about it. I wrote this post because I wanted to help you and all I ask in return is that you show other people this so you can help them. Best of luck and God bless to everyone suffering from this terrible disease. May we all heal together. Resources: [1] The Role of T cells in Psoriasis. - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12702062 [2] Sickness and Infection in Immunosuppressive Drugs - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3697844/ [3] Gut pH Regulation - https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.ph.49.030187.000315?journalCode=physiol [4] Role of pH in Candida Overgrowth - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5456412/ [5] Adalimumbam (Humira) Immunosuppressive Risks - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1798196/ [6] Gut Microbiota and Psoriasis - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6023392/ [7] Gut Microbial Composition in Patients with Psoriasis - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5830498/ [8] Candida and Gut Permeability - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3671685/ [9] Bacteria in the Blood of Psoriatics - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20607546 [10] Lectins and Psoriasis - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1850654 [11] Lectins and Schizophrenia - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2719487/ [12] Nightshades, Inflammation, and Gut Permeability - http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/link-between-nightshades-chronic-pain-and-inflammation [13] Sugar and Candida - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8423091 [14] Red meat, Uric Acid, and Psoriasis - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4224633/ [15] Uric Acid and Inflammation - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4503982/ [16] Uric Acid and Inflammation - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2877961/ [17] Uric Acid, Inflammation, and Kidney Disease - https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/ATVBAHA.117.309128 [18] Glucose and Candida - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8423091 [19] Fructose and Candida Inhibition - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5572443/ [20] Fructose and Gut Permeability - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5609573/ [21] Food and Meat Alkalinity/Acidity - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18042305 [22] Estrogenic Effect of Pregnant Cow Milk - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27265162 [23] Glyphosate and Gut Microbiome - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0892036218300254 [24] Glyphosate and Pathogens - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945755/ [25] Glyphosate and Honeybee Microbiome - https://www.pnas.org/content/115/41/10305 [26] David Perlmutter on Glyphosate - https://www.drperlmutter.com/pesticides-damage-microbiome/ [27] Differences in Carcinogenic Evaluation of Glyphosate - https://jech.bmj.com/content/70/8/741 [28] How GMOs are Created - https://sciencing.com/gmos-made-6453138.html [29] Antibiotics and Cows - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK216502/ [30] Coffee Enemas - http://www.psoriasisselfmanagement.com/detoxification-ideas/coffee-enema-for-psoriasis-an-overview/ [31] L-Glutamine and Gut Health - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5454963/ [32] L-Glutamine and Gut Reparation - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4369670/ [33] Slippery Elm Bark Benefits - https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/slippery-elm-bark#4 [34] Blackseed Health Benefits - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5633670/ [35] Blackseed Tharapeutic Effects - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3642442/ [36] Oregano Oil Effects - https://academic.oup.com/femspd/article/53/2/190/495620 [37] Oregano Oil Health Benefits - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/9-oregano-oil-benefits-and-uses#section1 [38] Chlorophyll Benefits - https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322361.php [39] Lack of Vitamin D and Psoriasis - https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/psoriasis-and-vitamin-d-deficiency [40] Vitamin D and Vitamin K Synergy - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5613455/ [41] American Yellow Saffron and It's Effects - https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-yellow-saffron-tea-12050.html [42] Cadmium and Psoriasis - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5431928/ [43] Zeolite and Heavy Metal Detoxification - https://www.livestrong.com/article/400132-what-are-the-health-benefits-of-zeolite/ [44] Lemon Water and It's Benefits - https://www.livestrong.com/article/145811-liver-detox-with-lemon-water/ [45] Lemons and Liver Detoxing - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5439254/ [46] Stress and Gut Health - https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/the-gut-brain-connection [47] Stress and Candida Overgrowth - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16202729 [48] Stress and Candida Overgrowth - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16681811 [49] Dead Sea Health Benefits - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22503590 [50] Dead Sea Mud Benefits - https://www.livestrong.com/article/156890-what-are-the-benefits-of-dead-sea-mud/ [51] Dead Sea Mud Benefits - https://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=pjbs.2012.306.315 [52] Exercise and Anti-Inflammation - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4243532/ [53] Endorphins and Exercise - https://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/exercise-depression#1 [54] Phytic Acid and Nutrient Absorption - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7002470 [55] Phytic Acid and Beans - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5983041/#R10 Recommended free eBook pdf from Jon Maddison detailing his meal plan, regime, and different cooking methods: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6SEmAGkbzOobWdDREZkVUJXQ3M/view

Posted Sat 30 Mar 2019 13.13 by raja123

Hi Hunter, Thank you so much for the complete summary . You have laid it out very well . I am doing some of this , you have saved us the time of researching and reading many books , I know people close to me who have been able to treat psoriasis by simply cutting sugars, dairy and carbs . However they say it comes back slowly if they eat lots of junk food. I am hoping that with the use of L-glutamin and slipper elm bark in addition to diet would cure psoriasis Thanks Raj

1 Posted Sat 30 Mar 2019 21.52 by Hunter3000

Hi Raj. It's great that you're using the L-Glutamine and slippery elm bark, but I'd also recommend you get all of the 10 supplements listed for their individual purposes as they will help you recover from this disease greatly. I know money can be tight but this is your health we are talking about here. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

1 Posted Wed 3 Apr 2019 20.38 by warren1
widespread psoriasis for 30years

Hi Hunter massive study, i have never seen the likes of it. you didn't mention blueberries ? A lot of people have been helped with blueberries alone. And how is your own skin?

Posted Wed 3 Apr 2019 21.00 by OhNo_NotAgain?

From the section advising what to eat, under "fruits" are shown "wild blueberries"

Posted Sat 6 Apr 2019 00.05 by Londoner (edited Sat 6 Apr 2019 00.07 by Londoner)

Phenomenal post.... Have been reading an absolute ton of medical journals myself and am finding very similar conclusions overall.... The only thing I've seen conflicting key views on so far is a suggestion that legumes would be better to add to not subtract from one's diet, particularly in the basis that they provide resistant starch, which creates short chain fatty acids including butyrate, which feed good bacteria. Somewhat similar benefits seem academically (haven't tested yet myself) to come from eating cooked & cooled starches also (eg pasta, potato). In addition - eat all of your greens, always - these seem to release nitric oxide which helps regulate dermatological conditions as well as aging, etc (major side benefits :) ). Side benefit also that dark chocolate in small quantities (so not too much added sugar) can help here too - need some kind of dessert to maintain sanity here a bit :) Some related references below - not directly stating the same in the first one or two of these, but I found them in this order and gradually came to this conclusion. Incidentally, important to note also that there seems that be a link also between inflammatory gut conditions such as psoriasis and colonic cancer etc in due course, so important to take this stuff seriously! I know a couple of people who have had both, so wouldn't be surprised about a link here unfortunately: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-22125-y https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/short-chain-fatty-acids-101#section1 https://www.nutrishatives.com/best-short-chain-fatty-acid-supplements/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30066368/?i=6&from=/29848266/related https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30888065/?i=2&from=/29848266/related https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16633129/?i=5&from=/29848266/related https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/short-chain-fatty-acids/ https://nutritionfacts.org/video/getting-starch-to-take-the-path-of-most-resistance/ https://nutritionfacts.org/video/resistant-starch-colon-cancer/ http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/25341240 https://nutritionfacts.org/video/resistant-starch-colon-cancer/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5137922/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2176045/ https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00403-018-1865-1 https://bodybio.co.uk/collections/butyrate?utm_term=sodium%20butyrate&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=Butyrate&utm_source=adwords&hsa_ver=3&hsa_cam=1621366555&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_tgt=kwd-299826220054&hsa_acc=6869296693&hsa_mt=e&hsa_grp=62366360140&hsa_kw=sodium%20butyrate&hsa_ad=309505246211&hsa_src=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3PCVr_2z4QIVGLLtCh0cewWwEAAYAiAAEgIXx_D_BwE https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/sodium_butyrate https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_butyrate https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legume https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/nitric-oxide-foods

1 Posted Tue 9 Apr 2019 01.11 by wendyloish

Hello Hunter, The quality of scientific research is always evaluated by its ability to stand up to peer review and publication in recognised journals within a field. The importance of the research is with time reflected on the number of times fellow researchers cite the research in their publications. I did not get through your list after checking on a couple of your names from the top. Both Dr Pagano and Dr Axe are chiroprators. From Google "Simply put, chiropractors are health care professionals who specialize in the treatment and diagnosis of neuromuscular disorders. They receive special training in manual adjustment techniques which they then use to adjust your spine and eliminate misalignments in the spine that may be causing health problems." I admit I got no further in your list of references. I try not to criticise people's research, as I believe one should expand one's knowledge as far as possible. But, think about this. If it was so easy to find the solution to psoriasis and autoimmune disease, that a few months of googling and watching YouTube videos could reveal the answer, why is the Psoriaisis Association still funding scientific research? Why are so many universities and research establishments still working on the problem? I personally have found that diet is a key to symptom control, but I am following a diet that has been worked out in detail by painstaking research by qualified people with the chemical and biochemical knowhow necessary to come up with a legitimate diet. The diet is FODMAP, and it was worked out by Monash University, a top ranked Australian University. It was worked out for irritable bowel syndrome, autoimmune caused gut inflammation. But it seems at least for me to have a positive impact on the other inflammation caused problems that I have, like psoriatic arthritis and psoriaisis. Have a look at this diet. It may help you refine your dietary regime. You may end up being able once again to enjoy a good steak, like I do. wendyloish

Posted Sun 26 May 2019 07.26 by Margyb

Thank you for sharing your research Hunter. It was very informative. I believe a healthy gut is key to our health and really appreciate the information you have provided.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 2020 14.10 by joe (edited Tue 25 Aug 2020 19.21 by joe)

Hunter thanks for sharing. I read it and a lot enjoyed it. This is very helpful for me. Extraordinary post.... Have been perusing a flat out ton of clinical diaries myself and am finding fundamentally the same as ends overall.... The main thing I've seen clashing key perspectives on so far is a proposal that vegetables would be smarter to add to not deduct from one's eating regimen, especially in the premise that they give safe starch, which makes short chain unsaturated fats including butyrate, which feed great microscopic organisms. To some degree comparable advantages appear to be scholastically (haven't tried at this point myself) to originate from eating cooked and cooled starches additionally (eg pasta, potato). Also - eat the entirety of your greens, consistently - these appear to deliver nitric oxide which directs dermatological conditions just as maturing, and so forth (significant side advantages :) ). Side advantage likewise that dim chocolate in little amounts (so not all that much included sugar) can help here as well - need a pastry to keep up rational soundness here a piece :) Some related references underneath - not straightforwardly expressing the equivalent in the first or two of these, yet I discovered them in a specific order and bit by bit arrived at this resolution. https://www.caringoflife.com/what-foods-tighten-skin By chance, imperative to note additionally that there appears that be a connection likewise between fiery gut conditions, for example, psoriasis and colonic malignant growth and so on at the appointed time, so critical to pay attention to this stuff! I know two or three individuals who have had both, so wouldn't be astounded about a connection here sadly:

1 Posted Wed 10 May 2023 15.36 by jameslondon

Hi Hunter, Fantastic post, which I will be aiming to follow and incorporate into my diet and routine. One thing there is a lack of is the list of safe carbohydrates to eat. Would you be able to share these? Thanks

Posted Mon 15 May 2023 11.32 by Pippin89

While a change in diet can often have a great impact on your health, it should IN NO WAY replace properly sought medical advice and treatment. There may be some truth to diet helping, but if it was truly that simple, the disease would be cured by now. I'm afraid, as an engineer in the biopharmaceutical industry, I have to call your section on "why won't doctors tell you this" complete and utter BS. I know its a popular theory but there is zero truth to it. There are countless drugs developed and made with ZERO profit margin simply because they can be done. This is not the action of an industry that would hide a cure to sell their own. If you need any further support of this, I am the head of engineering for a biopharmaceutical company and I currently inject myself with a competitors drug, Adalimumab (Imraldi) to treat my own psoriasis. I have the knowledge and research available to know whether something is being hidden, and yet I choose to fund my own competitors to treat my condition because I know it is the best solution. By all means, try changing dietary habits to see if they make any improvement, and there is nothing to say they won't offer some help. But do NOT stop seeing your medical professionals in favour of this approach.

Posted Thu 18 May 2023 00.15 by Jackie

I'm with Wendy and Pippin, but it's always interesting to hear other views. What about blueberries? They've not been mentioned lately.

Posted Sat 12 Aug 2023 19.19 by NYGuy11

This is a great post. Thank you for taking the time to do it. I have already incorporated a good chunk of your recommendations in my daily life for many years now. My question to you is, with all of the supplements that you recommend at high dosages, I have to think there is concern for toxicity. For example, I already take L-Glutamine. I take one pill every evening. It has 500 mg in it, but you recommend 10 grams per day? So I would need to take 20 L-Glutamine pills per day? That seems excessive. Can you help clarify that for me? I'm not criticizing you, so please don't take it that way. I am trying to gain a better understanding and I would like to know how to handle that. I love the blackseed oil recommendation. I am going to look into adding that to my diet. Thank you!

Posted Wed 10 Apr 2024 21.35 by Liz12345

Hi Bjorn I’ve just come across your post after being diagnosed with guttate psoriasis 4 years ago. I’ve tried every steroid cream (none helped), uvb treatment (was in remission for around 5 months) and also have been on cyclosporine for 9 months. The cyclosporine started to work after around 2 months until completely clear at 5 months and this lasted for about 6 months after stopping this drug. I have been advised to move onto methotrexate by my dermatologist and have never been advised to try a change in diet approach. I am now committed to trying a strict diet (sadly as food is my passion). I was wondering if this diet did in fact work? Thanks Liz

To take part, sign in or register with us