Feeling fed up

Posted Mon 8 Apr 2019 21.47 by Elizabxth

Hi everyone I’m new to this. I am 22 years old and I’ve been suffering with psoriasis since I was born but it disappeared during my teens, but it’s been back for about 3/4 years non stop now. I have huge patches of scales under my arms that throb and itch and feel swollen constantly (I’m a healthy weight and don’t sweat loads) and the insides of my thighs going all the way to the top of my pelvic bone is just one huge giant patch of scales. I have it on my arms, legs, even on my stomach and occasionally in my hair and I can’t stress how uncomfortable it is, it is unbelievably itchy like all of the time! Even when I have cream on the scales i just feel like clawing the skin away by itching, which is stupid because I know that only makes it hurt more. It always dries up to the point where it starts to flake, but then the swelling and the itch begin again and it’s like one giant circle. I’m fed up of feeling self conscious and I feel like I’m on my own with it. All of my friends have flawless skin. And I can barely even sit upright in a chair for too long because my entire body throbs with pain! The only thing that helps me and stops the pain and itching is having a warm bath which I seem to now do once or twice a day if I can. Please tel me someone else is in the same boat :(

Posted Tue 9 Apr 2019 15.52 by scouternorm

I don't know if this will be helpful, but here goes: have been through prescription medicine & ointments from 2 dermatologists. On my own, I started using CBD oil on my plaque psoriasis about 1-1/2 years ago. I had very heavy plaque on my feet & my hands had numerous cuts, and my nails had pretty well died. As of today, most of my psoriasis has cleared up. I had to get a prescription for medical cannabis from my GP. Cost right now is $90 Canadian for a 40 ml bottle. There are some pictures here: http://www.normtoogood.ca/psoriasis.htm Good luck!

Posted Fri 19 Apr 2019 17.38 by Mcrob71

Hi Elizabeth it is a horrible affliction...I have spent many years using steroid creams and Sunbed’s! I would say to do the hospital uvb treatment that works very well but unfortunately it will come back! I’m nearly 50 and still feel like hiding my legs at mo! I love the gym but lately I have been wearing long socks and pretend I half calf muscle problems 🙈 I understand the self consciousness of our stupid skin...I think the cure lies within our diets...I have tried to cut various things out but to no avail...I really do sympathise with u it’s a psychosis in our own minds we see it soo much worse than others do x

Posted Sun 21 Apr 2019 19.31 by Idy
Phototherapy, methotrexate, ciclosporin and stelara afficionado

Hi Elizabxth. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this experience. Just over a year ago, I was covered from neck to ankles in red, swolen skin. It was painful, itched constantly and prevented me from sleeping for more than 3 hours a night. Eventually I had to take a few weeks off work due to both the psoriasis and the exhaustion. I'm glad to be over it now, but I'll never forget how it was, and fear that it could come back any time. I hope you soon find a treatment that works for you.

To take part, sign in or register with us