Scalp Psoriasis

Posted Tue 9 Apr 2019 11.57am by Twinmummy2604

Hi everyone.

Ive suffered with psoriasis since I was about 20 (now 39) currently suffering with terrible scalp psoriasis. Any suggestions for a good shampoo that doesn't smell!

TIA Claire

Posted Tue 9 Apr 2019 1.46pm by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Tue 9 Apr 2019 3.45pm by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Alphacade PSO - it cut the itching and flaking dramatically. As far as I am aware almost all shampoos smell of something. After Alphacade my fall-back is Alphosyl.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 11.15am by Mili
Hello! Thanks for taking time to read my bio. I am 28 YO, live in London, keen swimmer, I enjoy live gigs, festivals, time with friends

Hi Claire,

I know what you're going through... i tried everything until I found my current treatment.... It might not be for so you'll need to consult your GP (they can prescribe it), but it just depends how bad your P is.

I tried Dovobet Gel, Sebco, Betnovet (two different solutions), T-gel, you name it, i tried it....

I was referred to Guy's hospital in London, and they have good Dermatology Department.

Essentially, now I use Etrivex shampoo, two to three times a week. On nights that I don't use the shampoo I put coconut oil on my scalp, and comb it with flee comb in the morning (metal one as it's kinder to the scalp).

You can use any oil that is nurturing to the scalp, for me it turned out to be coconut oil.

The way I use shampoo is that I would was my hair with baby shampoo first, than dry it out a bit with a towel, and then add shampoo directly to the scalp and massage.

I leave it for 30 mins to an hour or two, and then wash it out.....

If you do this routinely, it doesn't take up a lot of time, and you'll see changes within a week or two....

One thing to note is that you shouldn't use the shampoo for longer Etrivex for longer than 4 weeks, as it's very potent steroid.

If your GP allows it you may continue for longer (depends how you react I suppose).

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Posted Tue 16 Apr 2019 5.19pm by Gally08

Hi. I have plaque psoriasis.

I have used steroid gel/shampoo also t/shampoos. Nothing seems to be helping Also I’m loosing my hair rapidly. Can anyone recommend anything that has work for them because I’m stressing out.

Thanks Ryan

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
Fax :
01604 251 621
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation Number: 1180666 Scotland: SC039886 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.