Neotigason and Rogaine/Regaine

Posted Thu 8 Aug 2019 11.53 by jay simmons

Having suffered from psoriasis for over 60 years, there's little I haven't tried but I have always refused to take Neotigason because of the side effects. However, last year, I had to capitulate. I was put on 25mg, then 10mg for three months. It did help so I was told to repeat it for the next three months. However, shortly afterwards my palms and soles started peeling and didn't stop until they were red raw. So about two months in, I stopped taking Neotigason. Since then, my hair is falling out, my nails have virtually disappeared and my fingertips are sore and tender. When I saw the dermatologist again and told her about the hair loss, she recommended Rogaine/Regaine. I checked out the information - not to be taken by anyone over 65. I am 79!!

Posted Thu 8 Aug 2019 13.34 by scouternorm

I haven't had psoriasis on anything other than my hands & feet, but CBD oil has worked wonders with my plaque psoriasis. Previously I had used Dovebet & was prescribed a drug called Soriatane, but neither worked for me. Possibly CBD oil would work for you, if you can get some. I have found relief with a topical application of CBD oil, first applying a small amount morning & night on my feet, and using a roller applicator for my fingers. I don't ingest it. It's expensive - $90 for a 40 mil bottle in Canada, it lasts about 1 month, and it's not covered by drug plans. In a little over 1 year, I would say that it has cleared up my hands & feet by over 90%. As CBD oil is used more and more, I am sure that it will relieve symptoms of a lot of afflictions. In Canada, we need a medical prescription to buy it from a producer, although we can now buy it online from a government store, without a prescription. I have uploaded before & after photos here: http://www.normtoogood.ca/psoriasis.htm Good luck!

Posted Thu 8 Aug 2019 14.30 by jay simmons

Thank you

To take part, sign in or register with us