Rheumatology in 6 months

Posted Mon 9 Sep 2019 13.14 by Gumfa (edited Mon 9 Sep 2019 13.15 by Gumfa)

Hi all, I have had psoriasis for roughly 16 years now (I'm 34 now) over the last few months I've had bad back and hip pain. I saw a physiotherapist back in May and he said it may be down to PsA, had blood tests twice that came back normal and ended up seeing a scope practitioner who referred me to rheumatology, that was back in July. Recently got a referral through for November but luckily there was a cancellation and I was seen last Monday, had X rays and more bloods and was told I would need to go to the clinic and have scans and was prescribed etoricoxib. Got a letter through from rheumatology today and my clinic appointment isn't until late next March. Has anyone else had to wait so long? Really want to know what is going on now and want a diagnosis of something so I know what I'm dealing with.

Posted Sun 15 Sep 2019 11.25 by Mac

Hi Gumfa, I'll do my best to answer your questions. I was lucky I suppose in the amount of time it took from GP to see my Consultant only a month or so, if memory serves (too be fair though I was in bad shape when I went to my GP through my own stupidity). I don't know what controls how quickly appointments are given, though I have heard that there is a couple of classes of urgencies that you can be put in, someone with more knowledge on this would need to confirm that. Though it would make sense if that was the case. Hope you get it sorted soon.

To take part, sign in or register with us