Has anyone used sulphasalazine

Posted Sat 29 Feb 2020 16.02 by Everydaynormalguy

Can anyone share with me their experiences on dmard drugs like sulphasalazine ? My rheumatologist has wanted to start me on sulphasalazine but I’m really unsure of using immun system suppressant drugs when my immune system seems fairly weak as it it , I don’t really like the hit and miss effect of these drugs , if certain ones don’t work or your body reacts bad to them , then another will try another , it seems to be a game of roulette with our bodies , I find it hard to find data to prove they work better than a placebo so can anyone help me with their experiences please .

Posted Sat 7 Mar 2020 21.46 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi. I used that years ago and it did not work for me but everyone is different and once size does not fit all. Short term Methotrexate worked well as did ciclosporin (this you can only really take for a year) but by far the best for me was humira. You do have to basically try everything before you qualify for biologics like humira. PUVA treatment worked for me also but I used up my quota years ago! I have chronic psoriasis so it never goes unless on medication rather than light therapy or topical treatments. Hoping you find something that works for you x

Posted Mon 9 Mar 2020 19.00 by Everydaynormalguy

Ok thankyou for that , I have mentioned in another thread I was supposed to start this medication recently but the nurse said to wait until my follow up rheumatologist appointment in 6 months , so have a little wait lol, the side effects seem a little worrying but at the minute I’m unable to work because of the pain , are you in the uk?

To take part, sign in or register with us