Psoriasis/food and outbreak

Posted Fri 1 May 2020 09.10 by dawickedbo

Hi, Been suffering from P since early teens. On and off since. I don't suffer terribly from it, but more medium and have treated with Dovobet for the most part. Early December I have developed some on my face. Which has caused havoc emotionally, really. My question is. I've never thought about dietary intake and outbreak. But I have managed to clear most of my P with sunlight and daily moisturizing. However, overnight it has came back (in the same spots as always) on my face and body. Practically from clear skin. I've been thinking and thinking, if it is something I have ate has caused this to flare up? Any suggestions on what dietary products have been known to cause flare ups and how to monitor for future would be helpful. I've been limiting my dairy intake, with no success since early Jan. Cheers.

Posted Sat 2 May 2020 06.54 by AMK

Hi dawickedbo. I have been on several journeys avoiding foods and drinks but never really found the key to success. I have previously quit all alcohol for 6 months with no change. I also went vegan for 3 months including no nightshade foods (and obviously no dairy) I have to say things did steady and didn't get worse or create any bad flare ups while on that diet but it never cleared. It's tough to stick to long term if your not use to it but I've read others that have continued on this and have had success. Have you read about Hanna Sillitoe? She swears by the food vs psoriasis. I'm about to have another go myself so here's to trying, good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us