Teen Daughter doesn't care about spreading psoriasis Grrrr!!

Posted Mon 9 Feb 2015 21.49 by NikkiJ
My Daughter has had it since she was 7

My Daughter has had psoriasis since the age of 7 but since she's become a teenager she doesn't seen bothered abt her condition and its spreading all over her body. Its a daily battle to get her to do her cream which always ends in an argument. I'm at my wit's end with it, I can't understand why she doesn't seem bothered by it. She wants to wear makeup and look nice but not bothered by the psoriasis covering her.I know she's had problems at school with it but thats not made any difference. I've even tried bribery with something i knew she wanted which again had no affect. Any advice would be greatfully received.

Posted Tue 10 Feb 2015 17.25 by cris1406 (edited Sat 27 Jun 2015 10.10 by Me)
I have P and P Arthritis. Im 26 and Married. It Has affected me Emotionally, Physically and Intimately. I had to learn how to mourn my lif

I'm new here- but I was interested in your feelings you express about your daughter- And I am trying o put myself in her shoes. I have P myself and not so much older than her. I was thinking - She seems like she is trying to accept it. Like its a part of her now. But she also may feel like its taken over her and she has no control, so she goes about living her daily life trying to forget. How do you approach it? Do you seem overly concerned when you approach her about it? With her trying to forget it even exists your reminders probably make her put up a brick wall. I have no idea but I can tell you that when it gets painful and unbearable she will search for you and the creams. But don't over stress her about it. We fight internal battles trying to convince ourselves we are pretty enough without other people reminding us we have an uncontrollable disease.

Posted Mon 7 Sep 2015 07.40 by dougie
i have it all over my body

hi all diet IS the answer i have given up eating wheat altogether if it has wheat i aviod it also i have given up cows milk and use almond milk which lasts longer as far as im concerned cows milk is for cows i also have a nutri bullet and have a healthy smoothie most days which include fruits of the forest,spinach and carrot with other fruits including banana one other thing i do not drink tap water im sure that flouride is poison now the results of this prosess is my psoriasis is fading everywhere i believe if i keep this up it will go altogether i would definately recommend my fellow sufferers to give it a go it wont cost that much and could be the best thing ever let me know how your getting on god bless dougie

To take part, sign in or register with us