Enstillar Foam - Please share your experiences

Posted Wed 6 Jan 2021 19.22 by alleyace
Driving Instructor and part time Rock Star.

Today I’ve been researching cbd balm and have purchased some so I’ll post results in a few weeks.

Posted Sat 9 Jan 2021 15.02 by mary

Hi I was prescribed Enstillar and used it sparingly for a while. It did help. I then decided, as my arms were in a bad state, to use it daily for 2 weeks. It completely cleared my arms. I was overjoyed. Unfotunately, within days my arms were covered again and they are the worst they have ever been very red and unsightly. I would maybe use it once in a while to calm down my skin will have to wait until this flare up has eased. Take care

Posted Sat 30 Jan 2021 17.25 by Lindz Devine (edited Sat 30 Jan 2021 17.27 by Lindz Devine)

I started to use Enstilar when it was first approved for the UK, and although fairly new it improved my psoriasis massively, and almost overnight. However, like many I believe, my body tends to get used to the treatments and ointments etc I use and within 6 months my boys got used to Enstilar and it stopped working. When I saw the Dermatologist for the first time in 2019 since having psoriasis for 13 years (I was fobbed off many times with different creams and that), I was taken off Enstilar for a good 3 months and had to use different ointments yet again. Fast forward to now, I am back on Enstilar and it does tend to work for me again. So it's good to use but your body can get used to it, and if that happens you are advised to come off it and try other ointments before going back to it.

Posted Sat 30 Jan 2021 21.29 by Antares

Be sure to read the instructions on how to orient and hold the can before using if you are not getting the proper foam distribution.

Posted Thu 4 Feb 2021 00.36 by Marina

I use Enstilar for flare ups and works really well I also came across a natural age defying omega oil elixer from the natural tropic range. A friend is a rep . Didn't want to keep using steroid creams as psoriasis all over body and on face so tried it and made a huge difference . I am a nurse and have to wear PPE now so skin became 10 times worse . Was keen to try anything and glad I did. I saw a nurse had posted already on comments for tropic product so gave it a go . I did as she suggested and added a few sprays to my usual moisturiser x2 daily and it cleared my face and neck up. Helps with body too but face was the most impressive . Still wearing PPE so sweating ++ and stressed at work but my face has stayed clear . Its natural so worth a go . I paid £40 for big bottle (75mls) but lasts ages , there is a smaller one to try also . I spent so much money trying new things so delighted to find something that worked . Hope this helps someone as changed my life x

Posted Thu 4 Feb 2021 10.36 by Harters

Yesterday, I had a follow-up phone consultation with the hospital, so was able to chat with the doctor about how I've been getting on with the three treatments I have on prescription. I've no issues with the Daktacort, which I find convenient to use where the Enstilar canister is awkward or Betacap which is for the scalp. She confirmed there are both "low dose" products so I can use them pretty much as needed. My main use of Enstilar is on my arms. I was able to say that I've found it very good for getting rid of scales but they return quickly when I stop using it. I told her I was concerned about the longer term use of Enstilar, because of the risk of thinning the skin. She told me there has been recent research and the advice is now that the foam can be used once daily for a month and then take a break which, hopefully, should be lasting quite a while. That's certainly a longer period of use than previous advice I had, so I'm going to give it a try and see what effect it has, not just on gettign rid of the scales and keeping them off but also if my skin returns to a normal look. I'm not hopeful about the look but obviously worth a try.

Posted Fri 5 Feb 2021 09.25 by AK

After being prescribed everything bar Enstilar Foam, I was at my wits end. I was eventually recommended Enstilar and it made a massive difference. It was like a miracle cure. Unfortunately, It does eventually have reduced effect and like others am extremely concerned at long term useage. Having tried all other treatments am now having to decide between Ciclosporin or Methtrexate for long term relief.

Posted Tue 9 Feb 2021 03.40 by webdevguy

@Marina, can you tell me the product that is working for you please? Thanks for everyone's feedback!

Posted Tue 9 Feb 2021 07.20 by rapture83

BEWARE OF ENSTILAR FOAM!!! I’ve mentioned this a few times on this forum, there is a huge chance it will make things worse, it’s happened to me and many many many others! The foam will 100% clean things up and you’ll be on top of the world but it’s just a band aid over a deep open wound, when the foam is finished your psoriasis WILL come back fast and for some people it will just come back to the way it was or for me and many others it will come back with a vengeance, it’s called the steroid rebound effect which sadly doctors/GP’s fail to warn you about in which the psoriasis starts appearing different places as the steroids ware off. I really wish I researched it before using it, that was my mistake that I just trusted what my doctor had prescribed me so well done for people asking on here first before using! I only had a large patch on my thigh and scalp P which I had for around 2 years, after Enstilar I now have guttate p all over my legs, arms and a few spots on my back and torso! It’s more loads of individual small-ish penny sized patches and pin head spots but all noticeable. I purchased a UVB handheld lamp, I am done with steroid creams and foams on the body, they are no good in the long run, after 4 weeks of the UVB treatment I’m starting to see some results. Enstillar has been known to work for some people don’t get me wrong but it’s just not a risk I think is worth taking, that’s just my personal advice! Good luck!

To take part, sign in or register with us