Anyone dealing with pustular psoriasis?

Posted Fri 23 Oct 2020 15.15 by ladytaylor

I have never had issues before with my skin. I am 59 and this past summer I started to develop a rash on my hand that then spread to both palms and the bottom of one foot. It has now developed into a constant cycle of red hot skin, then tiny blisters that pop quickly, then yellowish leather-like skin that peels and bleeds. I am very frustrated by the 3 doctors that I have seen. They seem to keep giving me ointments that I think are more used for plaque psoriasis and eczema. They also seem to be clueless in terms of how/why I suddenly have this condition when it clearly first occurred when taking oral steroids for a condition in my neck. I have a significant level of arthritis - neck, back and hips. Already had a hip replacement. And now psoriasis. I have had a complete series of testing to rule out psoriatic arthritis. Anyone have a similar story. Anybody found something that helps specifically with pustular psoriasis?

Posted Fri 23 Oct 2020 21.24 by SharonG

I have this too :( Suffered for over 20 years with it - always managed it with steroid ointment etc. but this year was the worst flare up that I have ever had - it has eased off this last 2 months due to the weather getting cooler - at present I am eating blueberries - about 10 or more per day - please check out the blueberry thread - all I am doing is creaming up with anything that soaks in and eating the blueberries - I have left off the steroid ointment. So far so good :) Not holding my breath though - when I say it was worse than ever it has been - the skin on my feet was so thick as the pustules were constant - the skin then hardened dried and cracked - so painful to walk as I have it on both feet - the pustules if left alone go brown then dry and peel but over the summer this was a rapid cycle - skin was thick cracked and bled :( dermatologist was less than useless all that was offered were 'drugs' acitriten or methotrexate both have horrendous side effects and I did NOT want to go down that route - so I am now putting my faith in the BB's they contain antioxidants that are meant to help with auto-immune problems - worth a try? Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Posted Wed 26 May 2021 04.56 by Brenahollie

Ive also suffered from this for years. I had my friend build a box with a glass top and a hole for a light fixture. I took one of my natural light full spectrum UV plant light bulbs in it. And for 15 mins a day I turn it on and put my feet on the glass. The UV light clears up the Psoriasis. I had to build a box because getting sunlight on the bottom of your feet is not an easy task especially in a region that is covered in snow 6 months of the year. But now after a month my feet have cleared up and the skin in the effected area is healing. I take my pumice stone to it ever time I shower to clean away the dead skin. And theres less and less of it now. And i still keep the area as moisterized as possible but ita less work now then before. I hope this helps you. But Sunlight is the best cure Ive fund thus far. It just comes back as soon as you stop giving it the sunlight that keeps it away.

Posted Wed 2 Jun 2021 15.46 by Fiona

Hello, I am dealing with the same problem for the last ten years where it’s steadily getting worse each year on the soles of my feet. I’ve tried every cream the doctors prescribed and light therapy twice a week which helped first then stopped as the layers were too thick & they then suggested coming in half hour earlier to soak my feet before light therapy which twice a week with a job just wasn’t manageable. Has anyone purchased any sort of light to use at home successfully? Another question is footwear. - as it’s now hotter I struggle to wear sandals as my feet crack open and are pink and throbbing. I find flip flops such as Havana’s particularly bad with my feet hurting from the material. Has anyone found or can recommend what material sole is best for psoriasis? Thanks

Posted Wed 2 Jun 2021 23.09 by Moggy1

Hi Fiona Sketchers go walks and trainers are my go to foot wear( similar styles from other manufacturers). Not very glamorous but so comfy. Any tips on how to moisturiser my feet when my feet are to sore to rub in creams. Take care everyone

To take part, sign in or register with us