JUST STARTED THIS AWFUL CONDITION

Posted Thu 4 Feb 2021 18.10 by Nickmac

I recently experienced an irritating spot on my hand but ignored it believing it was just one of those things. But over the weeks I developed other itchy spots and noticed sore areas. I googled and it suggested psoriasis so I contacted my GP. He put me on a steroid based cream which I am not all that keen on. I have been taking an antihistamine to stop the itching but, obviously, thought about a treatment. I am using Johnson's baby oil, a coal tar shampoo and a body cream. I have noticed some improvements, particularly with the itching. Using the shampoo and body wash has enabled me to cut down on the antihistamine.

Posted Thu 4 Feb 2021 18.43 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Sorry to hear that Nick and glad you are getting some relief. Has your GP actually confirmed P or just your own googling? Apart from your hand what other parts of your body now have spots or patches? You are correct this is an awful condition but fortunately it is not usually life threatening and many can live and manage a few spots or a patch all their life. Of course there are others who will require stronger medications. Whatever you have been prescribed it is good to mousturise daily. Plenty of good advise and resources available. Good luck.

Posted Thu 4 Feb 2021 18.51 by Nickmac

I had to send my GP photographs. I now have it on my scalp, my back, my legs and arms.

Posted Thu 4 Feb 2021 19.49 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Yes sounds like the P. Hopefully you get relief from what you have been prescribed but if it gets worse ask for some stronger meds. Good luck

Posted Thu 4 Feb 2021 20.03 by Nickmac

Thanks. I'm going to give it a couple of months and if it's as bad I shall go back to my quack.

To take part, sign in or register with us