Gout treatment could help PPP

Posted Tue 9 Feb 2021 23.18 by Moggy1

Hi everyone I am new to the forum as only officially diagnosed yesterday with PPP even though I knew what it was absolutely heartbroken and fearful for the future As I am sure everyone does at the beginning just trying to find out as much as possible Came across an article in Indian dermatology online journal showing a trial of COLCHICINE a drug for gout has been very successful in treat PPP. Has anyone ever heard of this before as this this doesn’t have as many side effects as many drugs for treating PPP Bought lots of blueberries today. So the journey begins Keep safe everyone xx

Posted Mon 14 Jun 2021 01.16 by Mary1968

Hello Moggy1 I have heard of Colchicine, but I have never used it Best cure for gout is water fasting, change of diet, and supplementation. Not surprisingly, these can all work well for easing psoriasis and arthritis too. But of course that takes time and effort, and most people in pain or panic mode, simply want the quickest fix. Looking at what Indian doctors are doing could be very interesting overall. India tends to have some very bad psoriasis cases. Having traveled in India, they have some of the most truly horrific cases I have ever seen. I am not doctor, so I could be entirely wrong. But from general observation, I put this down to several factors : Many of them are vegetarians for religious reasons, and therefore avoid oily fish. Whilst it is a hot and sunny country, the darker your skin, the harder it is to absorb adequate Vitamin D levels. Combine that with a nutritionally deficient diet (for the poorer people at least), and the high consumption of nightshades – they consume a LOT of potato, eggplant, peppers, paprika, chillies, goji berries and ashwagandha. It is well-known in Western medicine that the Nightshade family of foods, can be very detrimental for people with psoriasis and arthritis. Yet use of Nightshades are still the main staple diet and traditional Ayurvedic medicine system for many Indians. Anyway how did you get onto that obscure report in the first place?

Posted Mon 14 Jun 2021 11.10 by Moggy1

You how it is Mary you can’t sleep and trawling the internet you come across all sorts of obscure articles 😂 Thank you for your advice

To take part, sign in or register with us