Guttate psoriasis

Posted Tue 27 Apr 2021 06.19 by Lizgoodison1979

Hello everyone. This year I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis, it started In December last year on my arms, and by January it had spread to my legs. I've been prescribed a steroid and a moisturiser, neither haven't worked, has anyone any recommendations off a cream that reduces the redness, I'd be grateful for any advice. Thank you Liz.

Posted Wed 28 Apr 2021 00.06 by Yacht

Ask the doc for UVB light-therapy.

Posted Tue 4 May 2021 20.58 by myxs

Hi, Same here. I was diagnosed guttate psoriasis. Been suffering for almost 8 years now. I went for UVB light-therapy. It clears but after a few months it came back. I tried all alternative moisturiser. Try to put cream and wrapped it with cling film on affected area. This will help to keep the skin moist. Just hoping that they can find a new treatment.

Posted Wed 5 May 2021 12.45 by Lizgoodison1979

Aha, I will try this later then, I didn't want to have to go through the doctors and a referral to get on a list for light treatment. Fingers crossed the clingfilm method will work .

Posted Wed 5 May 2021 14.35 by Sjhtattoo

Hi, I’m in exactly the same boat! Currently using dovobet and a strong moisturiser but no improvement! I’ve been doing the clingfilm method which has helped with some of the large plaques on elbows and knees so definitely worth trying that! Think light therapy may be the way forward though

Posted Sat 8 May 2021 23.55 by Sufferer (edited Sat 8 May 2021 23.57 by Sufferer)

Hi all - I find a lotion called exorex works for me, if I remember to apply it frequently enough; it's one of the weirdly smelly ones, but my guttate psoriasis feels like sunburn at times and I can't sleep because sheets feel like sandpaper against my skin so I gladly put up with the smell! Also, as regards UV light treatment, I've had 3 courses of this over the past decade and a half, with varying degrees of success (last time it barely worked at all) - I won't be having any more such treatment, as I was told they'll only allow 5 courses in your lifetime (in my area, at least) and I don't want the increased skin cancer risk.

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 09.34 by healedandhappytohelp

Xamiol Gel saved my life!

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 10.03 by OhNo_NotAgain?

healedandhappytohelp: Xamiol gel contains exactly the same active ingredients in the same concentrations as Dovobet gel, and Enstilar foam (calcipotriol and betamethasone). However, I think sometimes the excipient can make a difference for some people, where one form of the ingredients seems more effective than another, or they might find it easier to apply - and this might improve their experience and outcomes. It is helpful to hear of different options.

To take part, sign in or register with us