Suncream for guttate psoriasis

Posted Wed 9 Jun 2021 09.23 by Rob

Hi guys, does anyone have experience with suitable suncreams that doesn't aggravate or flare up guttate psoriasis/psoriasis? I have guttate psoriasis but its all cleared now and I'm aware of my triggers but never thought about suncream, as the weather's getting hotter just wondering which is the best suncream for psoriasis. I've never had this problem before as only been diagnosed with the Condition beginning of last year so that's one thing I haven't thought about untill now. My dermatologist says to use non oil based and go for the children's suncream as less chemicals in it? Can Anybody recommend one for the condition? Many thanks!

Posted Wed 9 Jun 2021 09.28 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Potentially, any of them have the possibility to aggravate or trigger YOUR particular case. If you plan to lay in the sun and possibly try to tan, bear in mind that sunburn is a trigger for psoriasis in some. General sun and gradual tanning made a huge improvement to my psoriasis.

Posted Wed 9 Jun 2021 09.33 by Rob

I don't tend to tan, I burn more than I tan as I have fair skin, I noticed I had my top off painting the outside of my house at the weekend and I burnt my back (my fault spent too much time in the sun with no protection) and it did trigger a few spots but one use of enstilar and aloe vera and its all gone again, I find any flare ups between 1-3 days of enstilar it all goes away. So I think if I burn it could be a new trigger for me hence the suncream advice.

Posted Sat 12 Jun 2021 13.30 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Hi Rob, it does not look like anyone with relevant experience is on the forum or likely to reply. 1. You could contact the Psoriasis Association directly and ask if they have any specific advice. Just click on "about us" at the top of this page to see their contact details. They always seem very open to direct contact from sufferers. 2 at the top or the page click on the "magnifying-glass icon, then in the search window type suncream and select the "from the forums tab". You might find some useful experiences/threads there. 3. Lastly, you could go somewhere like Boots or Superdrug , and have a look at the ingrdients listed in some or the suncreams - especially any advertised as for esntitive skin or children. Maybe take photos of the ingredients with a phone. Then have a look online back at home, if any of them are recognised as potential skin irritants. Good Luck!

Posted Sun 13 Jun 2021 07.16 by Mary1968

Hello Rob I only ever use organic and natural sunscreen I do a lot of ocean swimming and beach walking in very hot weather, and they work extremely well for protection. Plus you have the added bonus of keeping chemicals out of the sea and away from harming the coral. I use two different ones : Wotnot SPF 50 OR Little Urchin SPF 30 You can buy them online Some of the ingredients include: Jojoba Oil, Rosehip Oil, Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Extract, Green Tea, and Zinc Oxide. Which are all very nourishing and safe to use on psoriasis. I use to use chemical based sun lotions, and they would make the psoriasis very itchy Definitely a BAD idea to get sunburn on psoriasis, as it hurts for weeks afterwards Ouch

To take part, sign in or register with us