Plague psoriasis

Posted Sat 1 Jan 2022 08.58 by jayp

So piss off with my plague psoriasis, my two butt checks are covered, so embarrassed looks like sexuall transmitted disease, haven't been in relation ship for years because off this, made me give up keep fit and it now given me a gambling problem, and so done with this, every day feel like ending my life, dermatologist wants me to take cancer drug can't remember what it was but was on it and had bad experience and I've ask to try premlist but have refused, what am I supposed to do when I can't get help from my doctor or dematologist.

Posted Sat 1 Jan 2022 13.29 by lizziep (edited Sat 1 Jan 2022 14.09 by lizziep)

Hi jayp - we all get down sometimes with this rotten affliction, so I know how you feel. I don't know anything about apremilast but I googled it and I see it is only given on the NHS after other drugs have failed, so it must be worth your while trying some of the other things on offer like methotextrate or cyclospoirin because at least if they don't work for you, you are going down the path of having tried medication and might then be allowed the one you want. Treating psoriasis involves a lot of trial and error and you should find something that helps you in the end. Dermatologists seem to have an order of drugs they plod down before they hit on what works for you. 2022 WILL be better for you.

Posted Sun 2 Jan 2022 11.57 by lizziep (edited Sun 2 Jan 2022 12.35 by lizziep)

Peabo - "Little or no comment" Where have you been?! This site has been inundated with comments from shareholders and interested parties from Axisbiotix - many of their posts have had to be removed as as well as being biased, they have been abusive and unpleasant to us regular forum users for not agreeing with them. In the 30 or 40 years of using the forum, I have never encountered such unpleasantness before - or indeed any unpleasantness before. The forum is intended to be used for discussion of treatments and support for each other and not as a sales pitch for interested parties. I am in the process of using the food supplement and so far have found no noticeable benefits, but have another week plus to go (out of 8)

Posted Sun 2 Jan 2022 14.23 by lizziep (edited Sun 2 Jan 2022 14.50 by lizziep)

Hi Peobo - full marks to you for declaring your interest. Not many of the others did - two or three out of at least a dozen and most of them made much false pretence of being neutral - one even has a Facebook page to promote it using the official photographs but still didn't admit an interest even when asked. Yes, it is disappointing that it didn't help me, but with psoriasis nothing works for everyone. -It is, however, very expensive and this may prevent others trying it who might have more luck. Best Wishes and a Happy New Year

To take part, sign in or register with us