Newly Diagnosed

Posted Mon 3 Jan 2022 16.24 by BoonieB

Hello, I’m 59 and now know that I’ve had psoriasis my whole life. It affects my scalp, ears, eyebrows, eye lids, under my eyes, around my nose, elbows and forearms mainly. Is there anything that can be done to help my itchy eyelids please? Is it possible to have the itch on my forearms but with no plaques? I’m currently using capasal and ensilar for my scalp and hydrocortisone cream in ears and elbows. I feel very ill informed by my GP and think more could be done to make me comfortable. Thank you.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 2022 02.47 by Mary1968

BoonieB Need to be very careful putting anything chemical near your eyes. I suggest Food Grade cold pressed coconut oil, for eyebrows, eyelids and under your eyes. If you get Food Grade, then that means it is safe to consume, and you won't need to worry about it. Best to put on at night before you go to sleep. I would also avoid makeup in those areas, as that can lead to irritation.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 2022 07.47 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 26 Jan 2022 04.15 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

@Boonie, @Mary1968: "food grade" does not mean something is safe to apply around the eyes. Just because something is safe to consume, it does not mean it might not irritate the delicate skin on eyelids.

Posted Tue 25 Jan 2022 03.54 by Mary1968 (edited Tue 25 Jan 2022 03.55 by Mary1968)

OhNo_NotAgain? You completely misunderstood my point I was differentiating between products You can get coconut moisturizing lotion. However, as well as coconut oil, it also contains perfumes, fragrances, alcohol, PEG-20 Stearate, etc Don't get that one Get Food Grade coconut oil, as it only contains one ingredient - (i.e.) coconut oil Pure coconut oil is safe to use on your eyelids, and on the delicate skin under your eyes. Of course you would Not apply sage to your eyelids. Nothing to do with the subject, so not sure why you feel the need to say it.

To take part, sign in or register with us