Conventional and Unconventional Treatments

Posted Tue 8 Mar 2022 00.50 by Joshwalker93 (edited Tue 8 Mar 2022 00.58 by Joshwalker93)

Hello everyone. 👋 My name is Josh. Whereas I don't suffer from psoriasis, my girlfriend does. I have only just recently got with my girlfriend. I couldn't have met a more lovely, kind, absolutely hilarious and beautiful girl. Even though our relationship has only entered its monthly anniversary, I can honestly say that I love her bits and I would do anything for her. The reason why I am making this post is because she unfortunately, like most of you on this forum, suffers from psoriasis. As many of you can relate, it has caused her a great deal of insecurity and self-esteem issues, something that she has opened up to me about. I personally have had to deal with self-esteem issues in the past albeit for different reasons so know the devastation it can cause. I feel deeply for my girlfriend but I also feel for everyone here and elsewhere that has to deal with such a cruel and unforgiving issue. I can tell my girlfriend that I love her for who she is, but I know that it will still be detrimental to her self esteem, as it would be for anyone. It is also an obvious detriment to her health for obvious reasons as I am sure you guys know. Anyway... I want to open this post for two reasons. Firstly, I would like to hear from you guys who have to deal with psoriasis and what conventional and unconventional treatments and methods have helped you out when it comes to dealing with it. Whether this may be treating the psoriasis itself or dealing with its affects on your mentality, I am eager to hear from you so that I can help my girlfriend. Secondly, whilst my main aim is to help my love, I want the information to be public via this post so that everyone else can benefit. I am perfectly aware that what may work for one person may not for another, but if we trade "tips" often enough, there will hopefully be a pool of information that we all can benefit from in one way or another. These are my objectives and I hope we can help each other. That's all from me. As I said, I don't have psoriasis but it is affecting someone that I care deeply about. I must admit that I haven't been too aware of psoriasis until now, but since it has been brought to my attention, I want a solution not just for my love, but for you all. You all deserve it. ❤ Thank you.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 2022 11.07 by AzureBlue

Hi Josh From personal experience, probiotics, avoiding dairy, and high strength vitamin D have worked wonders. My gut started playing up around the time I first got psoriasis. I was convinced there was a link but my GP was having none of it. I ignored my GP and started work to heal my gut with probiotics which created huge improvements. I polished the last of the psoriasis off with vitamin D. I’ve read that vitamin K should be taken with vitamin D. I do still get the occasional tiny, tiny spot of psoriasis but it’s nothing to worry about at all. I’ve found that using the sunbed also helps but I cannot recommend that for obvious reasons. I hope this helps.

To take part, sign in or register with us