Anyone on Skyrizi?

Posted Wed 30 Nov 2022 12.44 by Pattur23

Hi all Starting skyrizi today Previouslybon imeraldi was on for a yr and a bit ! I had 100% clearence butvtgen over night it just just found a way back !! The side effects seem a lot more mild previously i had to stop eating a bunch of stuff just in case of infection no soft eggs blue cheese excetara Apprehensive for my first jab been told i need no training so will take the plunge later Strangly ive only recieved one syringe of 150 with no mention of four weeks so ill call alcura and see noce tk meet you and follow your journeys Jake

Posted Tue 27 Dec 2022 17.43 by Yacht

Good thread on Skyrizi. The research seems to suggest it is pretty much the most-effective psoriasis treatment on the global market today (e.g. 70-90% chance of full or near-full clearance). Curious... has anyone experienced any "aging" effects while on Skyrizi? For example, does your face look older or wrinklier?

Posted Wed 8 Nov 2023 16.11 by truban26 (edited Wed 8 Nov 2023 16.12 by truban26)

Hi everyone, I just found this forum while doing some research on Skyrizi. I have severe plaque psoriasis and my doctor is recommending this drug. My brother is on Humira and warned me of potential serious side effects like cancer. Has anyone else heard of these potential effects with Skyirizi? How did you decide to take this medication? I am nervous to start this. I am new to biologics and they are scary to me. Thanks in Advance!

Posted Wed 8 Nov 2023 17.05 by polar

It is normal to be scared when choosing a new treatment. I have some conerns too when I was prescribed with Skyrizi as it was during the pandemic as many kept mentioned that biologic treatment will weaken your immunity and easier to catch virus. However, after I compare the pain that I suffered from severve psoriasis vs the potential risk, I chose to take the skyrizi. I am glad with my choice as I am now 95-99% of free from Psoriasis and the summer just gone was the first time I wear shorts and short sleeves outside since my P went downhill. Humria is one of the earliest biologic treatment, whcih blocks the TNF-alpha, Skyrizi is one of the newest biologic treatment blocks the IL-23. They are with different mechanism. If you are prescribed with the biologic treatment, it would mean that you have been through at least two other treatments but they do not work well. Those topical or medicine treatment also have their side effects if use long term. Though not everyone will have it, some people may have more than one side effects. It all depends on individual. That applies to biologic treatment too. Have you spoken to your dermtologist or dermotology nurse about your conerns? They may be able to give you a better advice on why they think biologic treatment is the best option for you. I compared how my situation will be if I continued with the existing treatment plan to the potential benefits of choosing the biologic to help me make the decision. Questions I asked myself were: 1) Do I want to keep applying Enstilar while it is messy and get my skin red and thin? 2) Can I sleep well with the traditional treatment? 3) Side effects from other treatment (topical steriod cream, MTX, cyclosporine) 4) Potential of Psoriasis arthritis development. 5) The aftercare of biologic treatment, i.e. blood test every 6 months, and regular hospital appointment. 6) Potential side effects from biologic. 7) Potential benefis and life that I will have from biologic. After that, I made up my mind to take the biologic. Of course, everyone is different, you are the only one that can choose the option that is the most suitable for yourself both physically and mentally. Hope it helps.

Posted Thu 23 Nov 2023 16.57 by Mandy

I started on skyrizi 3 weeks ago and the results have been phenomenal so far ..... all the red spots on my torso, arms and upper legs have gone ..... just the stubborn spots on my lower legs remain. Unfortunately as I had dental surgery last week and I'm also on medication for osteoporosis my surgeon has told me I will need to stay off Skyrizi for 8 weeks to ensure my gums heal properly. My dermatologist has said I have to follow my surgeons advice so I'm just hoping my skin clearance stays until I can restart my injections in the NY

Posted Sun 21 Jan 2024 08.50 by mt382

1.5 weeks in for me! I'm anxiously checking my skin every day, though this thread suggests week 3 is when things start to really kick off (as confirmed on trial data shared with me by the lovely Yacht on a different thread. This is my first biologic, and I didn't take cyclosporin, methotrexate or another biologic prior to starting so I expect the antibodies have their work cut out in shutting down the inflammatory cascade, so I'm trying to be more patient. I have a home NB UVB unit and I'm strongly debating a low dose course to shut it down and (hopefully) allow the skyrizi to keep it down.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 2024 12.46 by mt382

How are the skyrizi clan getting on now? Week 5 for me: plaques are flat, but still pink at rest and blood red with exercise/stress (I like to go to the gym and I am on a high stress placement, and so not ideal). I am very hopeful I will clear. I have quit drinking, weight lift four times a week (though I honestly think weight lifting makes my skin worse, but I don't think the disease should stop exercise), and am successfully putting away 40+ different plants as a part of my standard week, eat very little meat, wholegrain, (e.g. a natural, healthy diet). Would be great to hear updates from those further along!

Posted Fri 23 Feb 2024 16.36 by danib_xo

Hi everyone! Just ordered my first shipment of Skyrizi. Wanted to pop on here to see those who have been on it for a while...how are you all feeling? Any side effects? Thanks in advance :)

Posted Sun 25 Feb 2024 06.51 by mt382

Hi, Danib_xo I'm on week 5/6 (losing track truthfully). Absolutely zero side effects whatsoever. I've had a few colds which were no worse and no more frequent than before. This last week things have really started to turn. My legs have sort of cleared without me noticing (used to have red plaques that basically covered my entire lower legs). I would say that when I looked online when I first started, most people talked about it working from week 2, and it absolutely didn't for me and I felt quite disheartened. All good now! Also, unlike other reports, it worked on my plaque much faster than my guttate, although it's all flattened and fading now.

Posted Sun 25 Feb 2024 07.00 by Aviar

I'm at just over a year now and my skin is still clear. There is some mild 'scarring' of red patches where I had had psoriasis but no plaques or itching - it might show more if my skin was whiter. It's been literally life-changing. I know it may stop working one day and am prepared for that, but in the meantime am enjoying it. I can confidently wear black clothes and use 'normal' shampoos and moisturisers, and be less concerned with baring my arms and legs. I've kept up to date with vaccinations for flu and covid, *touch wood* haven't had flu, and covid once. I've had a few more mild eye infections than normal - just a bit of puffiness - (never used to get these) so I have paid more attention to not touching my face or rubbing my eyes. That's been the only noticeable side effect. Good luck!

Posted Thu 25 Apr 2024 19.51 by Bobbybhoy

Hi All, Had psoriasis since i was 18 ( Now 38 ) Tried everything you can imagine from medical remedies, Diet changes, Extreme fasting, Light therapy even went down holistic and spiritual path over the years and this year im worse than ive ever been. I've been waiting on a dermatology appointment for nearly 2.5yrs ( From Scotland ) and ive been told im still on the emergency waiting list. I'm now mentally struggling with it all now and have looked into Biologics over the past 2yrs. I'm hoping to get the Skirizi medication eventually but i ned to wait until i get a recommendation from a dermatologist 😞. I did find out the medication is avaliable through the NHS which would be amazing to get but waiting on this appointment is driving me insane, Does anyone know if you get a private consultation can you still apply for an NHS grant? I can get one for £240 but if i can't apply for the NHS grant through them il need to wait or sort out funds to get me started. Any information from someone who's went through this experience would be greatly appreciated. Also if this isn't the relevant page could you send me a link to a more appropriate one please. Thank You, Robert

Posted Thu 25 Apr 2024 23.42 by Mandy

Been on Skyrizi for 6 months now following an erythredermic flare up and a 6 week hospital stay. Had to go through being on acetretin and cyclosporine before my dermatologist put me on my first biologic. Skyrizi is the second biologic I've been put on and my skin is pretty clear just some stubborn spots on my lower legs remain but think this is mostly down to the delay with my second dose as I had dental surgery. Has anyone noticed weight gain on this biologic ?

Posted Fri 26 Apr 2024 15.01 by truban26

I haven't noticed weight gain but I know this affects everyone differently. I have been on it since February of this year and the one side effect i did get was my entire body started itching like crazy! Like couldn't sleep crazy. Zyrtec was what my derm recommended and it worked. My skin has already cleared up! I would say I'm 90% clear already, My scalp is not itchy or scaly for the first time in years. My hair has stopped falling out in clumps and It has boosted my mood to not be so itchy and miserable all the time. I was super scared of this medication at first but glad I tried it. If anyone is on the fence. Feel free to reach out. I am happy to talk it over with you. I wish someone had done that with me and I started it sooner.

To take part, sign in or register with us