Glucosamine and Chondroitin

Posted Sat 28 May 2022 04.32 by Mary1968

Potentially interesting........ I have been recently having some painful joint issues. Mainly stems from being hunched over a computer screen for eight hours a day at work, and not taking enough breaks. As a result, the pharmacist recommended a combination supplement of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Whilst we were chatting about it, she happened to randomly mention that she took this for her joint issues, and all her psoriasis cleared up too. And that she had belonged to a Facebook group, where others had experienced the same thing. At that point, I shared with her that I had psoriasis Anyway she said the downside to this supplement, is you have to take it X3 times daily for at least 4 months, to start feeling and seeing results. However, she did say that her joints eased up, and she hasn't had a flare up of psoriasis since. Just sharing, in case somebody is interested........

Posted Sat 28 May 2022 21.40 by bargainlovingmum

Many thanks for sharing - that's interesting. Keep us posted if you try it! :0)

Posted Mon 6 Jun 2022 22.28 by Anon0412

Thank you. Can you update please to let us know how you get on with this?

Posted Fri 10 Jun 2022 22.20 by Mary1968

Hi Guys Doing this for joint issues - not psoriasis I just thought her comments were interesting, so decided to share

Posted Sat 11 Jun 2022 07.56 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I have tried these supplements, primarily for arthritis/joints, but they never made even any slight difference to those or to my psoriasis (and neither did various turmeric supplements that I have tried). Maybe I am just unlucky.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 2022 13.21 by Mary1968

Agreed Yep. You sound unlucky OhNo_NotAgain Anyway may be potentially interesting for someone else I accidently dropped my bottle of Glucosamine and Chondroitin and lost all the tablets under the washing machine. Aghhhh Rather than buying more, I have started taking another supplement for the joints, which has already started to work after just two weeks, and has been absolutely life changing for me so far. Amazing results. Anyway hope you all find something that helps

Posted Sat 18 Jun 2022 17.37 by bargainlovingmum

Hi Mary1968 - what are the new supplements you're taking? And any impact on your psoriasis?

Posted Fri 12 Aug 2022 11.50 by Mary1968

@bargainlovingmum Yes. Has hugely helped

Posted Mon 15 Aug 2022 10.18 by bargainlovingmum

Hi Mary1968 - that's great news. My joints can be sore so I'm going to give those supplements a try. Please would you let me know which kind you went for? (Which shop and strength etc) The choice is massive so not really sure where to start. Many thanks

Posted Mon 15 Aug 2022 21.01 by LaughingFlea

Hi All, I have just started to add turmeric to my food, but also, small doses of Lectin Blocker. This is just experimental, so I do not know if anything is going to work. Turmeric is usually recommended for painful joints, as far as I am aware.

To take part, sign in or register with us