Cause of psoriasis - hormonal changes?

Posted Fri 10 Jun 2016 13.25 by Leahd
I have scalp psoriasis and smal patches on my body

Hi I just wanted to reach out and share my experiences with psoriasis, it started when I was 12 and was mainly on my scalp, behind ears, patches on forehead. Tried the usual creams, ointments and shampoos. Over the past few weeks my psoriasis has miraculously disappeared and I don't use that word lightly. I never imagined my life with psoriasis, always thought it would be something I would have to manage. I had seen my doctors and asked if she could change my contraceptive pill to one I took everyday rather than 21 days on 7 days off so she changed me to a progesterone only mini pill and I started seeing a difference about 3 weeks in. Now it is Completely gone, obviously I'm not saying this will work for everyone as half the sufferers are men but there's a lot of research into the link between psoriasis and oestrogen. I believe in my case this is the cause and the reason it began during puberty. If this only even helps a small percentage of people I'll be happy :)

Posted Sun 17 Jun 2018 09.59 by who_knows

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if the improvement from the mini pill has continued. Really happy something worked for you!! :D

To take part, sign in or register with us