Psoriasis vs Fungal Infections

Posted Mon 31 Oct 2022 11.58 by Lyndon

Hi guys, I've had psoriasis since a young kid, now age 49. I have been very happy with my protocol in managing psoriasis for the past 15 years of my life - which I intend to share in another post. Recently, I flared up with something after being in the sauna a long time over a number of days in the exact same spot that my psoriasis occurs sometimes - inner thigh. I think at times there is a cross over with psoriasis and fungal infections which makes it confusing as to which remedy is applied. I went to a doctor who gave it a brief glance and said its fungal and asked me to take antifungal tablets but honestly I really am not sure and I don't want to subject myself to systemic medicines if not needed. I would appreciate any comments from other members who might have had to distinguish between the two different skin conditions. My pics are in the link here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1shRC8VYV-MgDUtbyxeUAE6foGgbcauld?usp=share_link Thank you. Lyndon :)

Posted Mon 31 Oct 2022 19.30 by Nelly

Hi Lynon I was miss diagnosed with a fungal infection on my feet for 12 months which turned out to be psoriasis, the only advice my consultant gave me was that a fungal infection is itchy whilst psoriasis is more sore and painful hope this helps Cheers Neil

To take part, sign in or register with us