.biologics

Posted Fri 29 Mar 2024 07.49 by mt382

@mim regarding weight gain: I don't know the specifics of weight gain and biologics, but it isn't hard to visualise the average person who needs them: IBD sufferers who have chronic/bloody diarrhea and poor appetite, malabsorption, anaemia, weight loss - remission would reverse this and cause (expected and healthy) weight gain. Rheumatoid/psoriatic arthritis sufferers with painful joints, a general feeling of malaise, poor sleep, lung issues - biologics increased mobility (muscle gain), improved pain and mood (increased wellbeing and eating) - expected and healthy weight gain.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 2024 18.09 by Bobbybhoy (edited Thu 25 Apr 2024 18.13 by Bobbybhoy)

Hi All, Had psoriasis since i was 18 ( Now 38 ) Tried everything you can imagine from medical remedies, Diet changes, Extreme fasting, Light therapy even went down holistic and spiritual path over the years and this year im worse than ive ever been. I've been waiting on a dermatology appointment for nearly 2.5yrs ( From Scotland ) and ive been told im still on the emergency waiting list. I'm now mentally struggling with it all now and have looked into Biologics over the past 2yrs. I'm hoping to get the Skirizi medication eventually but i ned to wait until i get a recommendation from a dermatologist 😞. I did find out the medication is avaliable through the NHS which would be amazing to get but waiting on this appointment is driving me insane, Does anyone know if you get a private consultation can you still apply for an NHS grant? I can get one for £240 but if i can't apply for the NHS grant through them il need to wait or sort out funds to get me started. Any information from someone who's went through this experience would be greatly appreciated. Also if this isn't the relevant page could you send me a link to a more appropriate one please. Thank You, Robert

To take part, sign in or register with us