Guttate psoriasis after tonsillitis!

Posted Wed 31 Aug 2016 by SarahJane
I have had guttate psoriasis since being 6, it stayed present on my arms from being 16 but I have recently had a flare up due to tonsillitis

I have suffered with guttate psoriasis from being about 6 years old when I first had a flare up, from what I recall it covered my entire body and face. I had a second flare up at 11 and a third at the age of about 16. From then on I had patches on both of my arms pretty much constantly but as it rarely appeared anywhere else on my body and when it did it was the tiniest amount that cleared up without treatment I chose to leave it be. However I am now 22 and have just had recurring tonsillitis twice. My arms have grown a lot worse I have psoriasis all over my chest and tummy, back as well as my face and hairline. I am also starting to see tiny spots of it appear all over both my legs. It's getting worse by the day and it's driving me mad!!!! I have started to use dovobet however it is very hard to apply to each individual dot of psoriasis without getting it on the normal skin in between and I am also unable to use it to treat my face. I have very sensitive skin anyway as I am a very fare redhead! Can anybody suggest a quick working treatment for my face which won't damage my skin. I accidentally got a tiny bit of dovobet on my chin from leaning on my shoulder and it burns so much!! Thank you for listening to my life story! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I am very worried it may be here to stay!!

Posted Thu 1 Sep 2016 09.01 by adamc

When I went to see a dermatologist I was told dovabet wasn't a treatment to use on guttate psoriasis, if you haven't had a course of antibiotics to treat the strep throat I would say this is a first step to take as it won't clear up if your still carrying the bacteria, I have antibiotics on a repeat prescription with my GP, and always have a course at home ready, I have found that treating tonsillitis with antibiotics as soon as it starts has stopped me breaking out in guttate psoriasis. This was all recommended by my dermatologist hope it helps

Posted Thu 1 Sep 2016 09.07 by SarahJane (edited Thu 1 Sep 2016 09.08 by SarahJane)
I have had guttate psoriasis since being 6, it stayed present on my arms from being 16 but I have recently had a flare up due to tonsillitis

Thank you for your help I did treat the tonsillitis with anti biotics straight away and have been on three courses now. It was just a really bad episode I think.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 2016 03.01 by JenSussex94

Hi, I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis in 2012. I constantly get ill so it does become a lot worse. Maybe if you're having a bad episode the doctor can refer you to have photo/light therapy..it's basically like a sun bed and each week you go in a little bit longer. I had severed guttate psoriasis, I was 17 and felt awful. I am now 22 and I manage it a lot better with diprosalyic ointment? Works wonders!!!

Posted Tue 17 Jan 2017 20.43 by Em_Red19

Hey, I got gutate from tonsillitis and according to my doctor in dermatology there is a strong link between flare ups and tonsillitis. He's pushing for me to have them removed (I get tonsillitis about 2-3 times a year) because he's read about it helping to lessen flare ups.

To take part, sign in or register with us