psoriasis what a pain in the arse to cure !

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 01.43 by Andy
I am 53 not 103 didnt wanna put my real birthday on here.

Psoriasis, I got it on my hands and the soles of my feet. I got it one day 14 years ago out of the blue when I had, had some bad news about my son being very sick with meninggitis and an incurable brain tumor.I suffered for years with athletes foot too so it was in me, but I had not had that since I was a kid.My feet often look like the surface of the moon, dead dry flakey skin with a very bad red rash,loads of whitehead infected spots too where the skin has broken. Like most of you people I also get itching waves so bad that my skin feels like it is burning and I end up ripping it to peaces by scratching it with a sharp object.My hands are much less bad the cream cures them.[Elecon cream 30g] Feet are too bad for it to cure though !!! 4 weeks ago I tried dunking my feet in suflower oil just for a new aproach for ten minutes, then I tried olive oil too,just pulling my socks on afterwards and letting the oil soak in ,,,it made my feet tingle because the skin was relaxing, it felt so very nice after all the years of it being tighter than a drum.The itching totally stopped not had any for weeks,the infected spots went too although I see spots under my skin still,this was no cure but at least it stopped the itching that drives me crazy.I got angry though because no matter how often I do the oil the next day my feet are once again bone dry, it cost so much effort for less than 20% improvement, it does not seem worth the hastle of 5 times a day dunking my feet in cooking oil.At least using oil should take care of the immunity build up problem I get with long term use of skin cream from the doctor ?? I read here somewhere that it is a good idea to wash the feet and put fat cream on before they are dry to trap a layer of water against the dry skin,this worked better for me than the oil and it is a lot less messy too. I decided to bathe my feet in salt water for ten minutes first before using cream.I still have a very bad red rash but my feet feel soft and hydrated and much less broken skin than with oil, but still 5 times a day minimum is a lot of hastle it just seems too much work.This gave around 35% improvement in my skin opposed to just doing nothing. I have kind of given up with cream from my doctor as they just dont seem to work for me, some make the Psoriasis even worse.I did nothing with my feet for years due to the let downs, light therapy 3 times a week at the hospital did little for me either. To date the best thing I found to stop my feet itching is toothepaste, I smeared it on the soles of my feet and the itching stopped just like magic.It does dry into chalk though so that can cause dryness of the skin but it at least stopped the terrible itching.

To take part, sign in or register with us