Yiganerjing - finally a cream that works

Posted Mon 3 Oct 2016 15.21 by atsndave

I have suffered with scalp psoriasis since my early 20's (thirty years now) and have tried many many treatments. Traditional Chinese Medicine worked well but was very expensive, on a recent trawl through the internet came across this cream and thought at £2.00 a tube it was worth a punt. After just two days, my redness and flakiness was far better and after a few more days it's completely gone. I stopped using it after a week and there has been no flare up. I can't believe that the main line medicine doesn't advise trying this before using steroid creams.

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 10.37 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

This is new to me and new things always peek my interest,always worth a try,amazon here I come......Thanks for mentioning.x

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 11.39 by Andy
Psoriasis for 35 years and Psoriatic Arthritis for 15 years.

I know a few years ago a number of herbal Chinese creams were found to contain illegal steriods. Illegal because they would need to be prescribed by a Doctor in the UK. I'm not sure if Yiganerjing was one of these. It is worth considering if the cream works so fast. Over use of steriod creams can cause problems. I'm no aware of any testing being done on Yiganerjing. If you read the ingredient list it does read a bit odd. I sure small area use would not cause to much of a problem. But I would certainly like to know if it contains any steriods before using on larger areas. Does anyone know if it has ever been tested?

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 11.57 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

Yes,we all know about the dangers of longer term steroid topical on the skin and with absorption,I personally only use my prescribed ointments when I really need to as my P is not visible outside of my clothing,I overused as a child and have a small 50 p sized area on my shin that is thin and shows blood vessels. I would certainly do patch checks before larger applications but will also try anything really as I'm sure we all might.any feedback on this particular cream is welcomed.x

Posted Fri 21 Oct 2016 18.07 by Itchy

I was sceptical and worried by the same concerns raised by others here. But after years of being prescribed different steroid creams, all the 'ates and 'ets, all the pills, steroids, anti-malarials, methotrexate and even thalidomide, and biologics including stelara, apremilast and now cosentyx, I decided to give this cream a go. But only in limited, small places, and much lower dosage. It worked really well on fresher small plaques, which haven't come back. Larger, more established plaques are proving more resistant. But I am still only using small amounts of the cream, and only applying it once a day after bathing.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 2018 12.10 by Simon Parker MHRA

In laboratory testing by the MHRA, samples of this product were found to contain undisclosed pharmaceutically made steroidal and anti-fungal ingredients, which almost certainly account for its surprising level of efficacy. Action has now been taken by the MHRA to have this product removed from sale in the UK.

Posted Thu 1 Mar 2018 10.03 by Psoriasis Association (Admin)Mod - from Northampton, UK
Patient Advocacy and Communications Manager at the Psoriasis Association

Hi all - The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), which regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK, has now released a statement confirming that tests have found Yiganerjing Cream to contain an undisclosed steroid and two antifungal ingredients. As a result of this, the MHRA is working to remove Yiganerjing Cream from sale on websites and in online market places, and is issuing a notice to sellers that they must stop selling the cream immediately. The MHRA advises anyone who may have been using this cream to discontinue use immediately. If anybody who has used this product should have concerns, they are advised to discuss the issue with their doctor or clinician. More detailed information can be found in the 'News' section of this website, or directly here: www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/news/yiganerjing-cream-found-to-contain-steroids

Posted Thu 10 Jan 2019 14.15 by Tinat (edited Thu 10 Jan 2019 14.17 by Tinat)

What I don’t understand is that we’ve bin so warned that there is steroids in it. While in all those other ointments of dermatologists it also sits and does not work. I have never been so warned about those ointments as those Yiganerjing.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 2019 21.13 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Tinat: the issues with Yiganerjing: - it clains to be steroid-free, but it is NOT. - there is no control over which steroid is in the ointment or in what concentration. - the ingredients list cannot be trusted. - we have no real idea what is in it, or whther ANY of the ingredients are harmful.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 2019 21.31 by Tinat

It contain clobetasol propionate It is in the cream dermovate also.

Posted Fri 11 Jan 2019 10.59 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 12 Jan 2019 16.49 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

When you receive a topical treatment that is prescribed by a docor, you will be given advice on the usage, dosage, and the product will have a patient leaflet giving extensive advice. All this advice and information includes warnings regarding contraindications and potential hazards regarding incorrect use. So you DO receive warnings about use of steroid treatments that are prescribed, but based on exctly what is included in the preparation. With a product such as yinganerjing, there is no evidence of quality control to be certain of the consistency of ingredients or concentration, and the manufacturer does not even state what SHOULD be contained in their product (steroid was not the only active ingrredient). Are the ingredients and potency/concentrations the same month on month or for every manufacturing run? It is an unlicensed product. There are warnings about use or incorrect use of both types of product, but different warnings and for clearly different reasons.

Posted Sat 12 Jan 2019 17.51 by Jeannette50

I just found articles dating back to 2016 highlighting this cream and its possible dangers - what has taken the MHRA so long to act?

Posted Sat 12 Jan 2019 18.45 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 12 Jan 2019 18.48 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

They took action early last year. I don't know why anyone is still wanting to use it or wondering why it is not legitimately available in the UK. Prior to that there were numerous warnings about using chinese herbal medicines without medical advice and without exact knowledge of ingredients. Even this thread started late in 2016.

To take part, sign in or register with us