Advice please

Posted Tue 18 Oct 2016 20.48 by Camillalale

Hello everyone. Just looking for advice. I used to get really bad psoriasis on my scalp and arms but all seems to have settled now. I first discovered i had it when my arms were covered in it. I found Sebco to be really good on my scalp so i always have some incase it flares up again. But.... recently ive been getting it on my face and hands and its getting worse. My Dr has been giving me different creams everytime i go! And its driving me mad that nothing it working and its getting worse. Also i dont seem to have any on my legs but i will scratch them until they bleed. Any advice pleaseee. And sorry for rambling.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 2016 22.34 by Idkwhy

Hi guys! I'm only 19 and I've had P since I was 12. It started all over my scalp, which cleared around 2 years ago. However one particular area, on my left connected onto my forehead, has been damaged to the point where no psoriasis is there now but a large patch of red/pink skin. And having dark skin it really stands out. I have been struggling to tie my hair up for the past 2 years because you can see the burn/scar. Also since then I had started to get it behind my ear. Was given steroid treatment from gp just recently which would calm it for a few days, but now it has spread to the back of my neck and I can't even wear clothes that show edge of my shoulders or neck. Also I have been putting off the hairdressers for a year now as even tho my hair is so healthy and scalp too, I feel embarrassed that they will see my P. If I showed you photos you would feel disgusted. Some days are so bad I get so depressed and wish it would all go away. I get upset when I see girls with ponytails, I know it sounds ridiculous but I always was told I had amazing hair throughout my childhood. I remember at school having the longest thickest hair, I'd have every hairstyle you can think of. But now, I have a middle parting so I cover the scar at the front, and just always have it down. I've gotten to the point where even at home, my family don't see my hair up, because I feel embarrassed and upset. I feel like nothing works! I hate going to the derm because they give me silly creams that end up making P worse. I've read somewhere about light therapy. Does anyone know about this? Where I can get it/Try it??? HELP please Btw my name is Nitasha

To take part, sign in or register with us